Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
After 51, nearly 52 years, I can honestly say I've never ever tried a Fray Bentos pie, cant say I've ever been tempted

Well...

I am 64 years old (nearly) and I can honestly say I've never ever tried lobster thermidor, can't say I have ever been tempted. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ

...excuse me now, I have to go and write Carol (and Eddie) into my will and make sure PappaJohn is not on my Christmas card list... :winky:

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
LIMETREE PANTRY PIES are the ones to try
expensive but they are the bees knees

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• bees knees.jpg
    bees knees.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 8

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
We established Lime Tree Pantry in 1991, when we realised that it was becoming increasingly difficult to find a good quality pie, made with wholesome ingredients and proper short-crust pastry, rather than flimsy puff toppings or bland flaky cases. That's when we took matters into our own hands, and set up a business keeping the art of pie-making well and truly alive.
say no more

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Well...

I am 64 years old (nearly) and I can honestly say I've never ever tried lobster thermidor, can't say I have ever been tempted. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ
:

I can honestly say I've never been tempted by gay sex .. or a Fray Bentos pie

some things you just know you won't enjoy without trying ... :winky:

but heh.. each to their own,.. ... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
LIMETREE PANTRY PIES are the ones to try
expensive but they are the bees knees

We established Lime Tree Pantry in 1991, when we realised that it was becoming increasingly difficult to find a good quality pie, made with wholesome ingredients and proper short-crust pastry, rather than flimsy puff toppings or bland flaky cases. That's when we took matters into our own hands, and set up a business keeping the art of pie-making well and truly alive.
say no more
Three posts advertising on the one thread seems a little excessive, however I am prepared on behalf of the readers to sample said pies and issue a report. Do you dare send a selection for scutiny?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
No need Roger you can take my word - they are very nice pies :thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: we get a call from a very nice sounding young lady every 6 mths or so to see if we would like to order some more ::bigsmile:
A good alternative is to mix some readymix shortcrust pastry ( just add water) open a can of john west stewed steak- boil a chopped up onion and drain add this to the steak and a good splash of red wine :thumb: season to taste - little more red bring to boil- roll out pastry and assemble into a pie :thumb: not much more effort than a horrid puff pastry fray ben-toss
terry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We sorted out the freezer today and found one of Jill's home made hand-raised pies. It's now in the fridge, thawing ready for lunch tomorrow. Can't remember if it's beef or pork but, whichever it is, it's full of top quality ingredients and definitely to look forward to.

Pity you can't all share it but I will think of you as we eat it - honest :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Graham

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We sorted out the freezer today and found one of Jill's home made hand-raised pies. It's now in the fridge, thawing ready for lunch tomorrow. Can't remember if it's beef or pork but, whichever it is, it's full of top quality ingredients and definitely to look forward to.

Pity you can't all share it but I will think of you as we eat it - honest :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Graham

Steady Sundance, might just call in for lunch :Eeek:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Feel free Ken. I'll put some chairs in the garden so you can be comfortable watching us enjoy through the window :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Generous to a fault Sundance :thumb: I am completely underwhelmed :ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Generous to a fault Sundance :thumb: I am completely underwhelmed :ROFLMAO:
Ken have you seen the front of the new Itineo..........it looks even more like the other part of the family the Rapido......remove those tubes that go around the edges and you have a rapido

Mel

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Itineo

Attachments

• Photo n° 1 - Itineo ITINEO TB 690 FIAT Intégral Annonces 3C CyberCampingCar.jpg
    Photo n° 1 - Itineo ITINEO TB 690 FIAT Intégral Annonces 3C CyberCampingCar.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 45

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Yep been in one biggest difference is the island bed. Steph wasn't keen as the fridge/freezer is smaller and she didn't like the layout as much as ours. Price gone up a lot too. :Smile:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Yep been in one biggest difference is the island bed. Steph wasn't keen as the fridge/freezer is smaller and she didn't like the layout as much as ours. Price gone up a lot too. :Smile:

The Rapido we get in April is a Island bed ....BUT ..you loose a lot in the lounge area:Doh::cry:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A good alternative is to mix some readymix shortcrust pastry ( just add water) open a can of john west stewed steak- boil a chopped up onion and drain add this to the steak and a good splash of red wine :thumb: season to taste - little more red bring to boil- roll out pastry and assemble into a pie: nNot much more effort than a horrid puff pastry fray ben-toss
terry
:Eeek:

I strongly disagree and I know a great deal about saving time, energy and effort being one of the laziest people in the whole wide World...:Smile:

JJ

PS Who would have thought that a thread entitled "Fray Bentos Pies" (may the name be praised) would lead to so many posts!!!(77) :thumb:

Last edited:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Not having teasted one of the afore mentioned pies, I have now purchased one, Steak & Kidney, and if I can ever get my veggi wife to cook it I will then announce my findings.

I was going to ask the government to hold a very expensive public consultation on the matter.
My local MP is willing to chair it for just £50,000 a year and would expect the results in approx 3 years, just before he is due to retire

Happy Pie Daze
Chrisboyo

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Not having teasted one of the afore mentioned pies, I have now purchased one, Steak & Kidney, and if I can ever get my veggi wife to cook it I will then announce my findings.

I was going to ask the government to hold a very expensive public consultation on the matter.
My local MP is willing to chair it for just £50,000 a year and would expect the results in approx 3 years, just before he is due to retire

Happy Pie Daze
Chrisboyo

By which time there is a new government in power and as they are unhappy with everything the current government did, they will ignore the conclusions from the consultation and instead start all over with their own commission :ROFLMAO:

Rasmus

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
"Being one of the laziest people in the whole wide World..." JJ:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Who would have thought that a thread entitled "Fray Bentos Pies" (may the name be erased)

would lead to so many posts!!!(77) most of them being "Belly Aches or even Delly Belly :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

Happy Pie Daze
Chrisboyo

It will be like dog food :ROFLMAO: even JJ don't eat steak and KIDNEY ::bigsmile::winky:
terry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well, our home made pie turned out to be beef & onion and was absolutely delicious. What a pity nobody managed to get here before we ate it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Graham

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
they should ave been named, fray bentos lies..:Sad: after being recomended to me, by a freind,
who i wont name,but he is a fellow funster,and yes a city fan...(bad taste,i know).oh yeah he is also a crash test dummy for some bike company.:Smile:...anyway after picking up two of these pies at my local for now tesco::bigsmile:,i decided to do good o,l pie chipss an beans.:Smile:..well,chips an beans turned out great..but the pie was absolute shite.:cry:..the one i got was supposed to be steak, all i got was gravy n pastry...maybe not enough room for the steak. any body else had a bad experience with these pies....

Steady !!!!

I once found a solitarty bit of steak in a Fray Bentos pie...........must have got
in there by mistake
Did you know Fray Bentos is a town in Argentina.......but I doubt if there is any bovine life there :)

barry

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Been cleaning RV all day and suddenly thought at 5pm all the shop are shut as Sunday and all I have is frozen chips, well deep in the cupboard of the RV found a [STRIKE][HI]PRINCES [/HI][/STRIKE]steak & onion pie

[STRIKE][HI]PRINCES[/HI][/STRIKE] :Eeek:sorry JJ:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BTW god know where it came from:whistle:

Going to treat myself to a few beers tonight:drink::beer:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back