Frankia table extra leaf - does yours insert automatically? (1 Viewer)

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
When we got our Frankia, I seem to remember that the extra (central) dining table leaf inserted itself when I operated the black plastic-tipped lever and pulled the outer leave apart.
Is this just a baseless figment of my memory or does yours insert itself? If so, I have clearly messed with the operating setup because the extra leaf no longer raises itself into position any longer.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
Mine works OK, the central bit rising when you pull the two halves apart. I was concerned at one time it was not working, but I lubed it with Teflon spray and pulled the two sections apart firmly and it worked OK after that.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Yes but you may have to press it down first to unlatch it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
Yes, it should pop up when you pull the tops apart. I think there's some sort of over centre latch and occasionally I've needed to help the centre leaf up, which seems to have helped reset things.

Apr 16, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Mine stopped working 3 years ago or so. Took it apart, but cannot fix the thing. Called the manufacturer (of the table) and he offered to fix it if I come past his factory in mid Germany. Maybe some day I will take him up on that. In the mean time I just pull the leaves apart and give the insert a push up. That works for now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back