nigglynelly

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have a 12V fault on our Frankia. Firstly the external motion sensor light above the door failed but I think this is because of water ingress. Soon after this we lost the USB charging sockets and some but not all of the 12V lights (including the long light over kitchen area). The trip switches haven’t tripped and none of the 12V fuses are blown.

Frankia agent says that these faults are not related to each other but it’s odd that two of the light units have 2 USB’s built in to each and in these nothing works. Looks to me like a circuit fault but does anybody have any experience if this or suggestions as to how to find the fault?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I know you says fuses have not blown BUT have you checked with a meter or just your eyes ??
They can often look ok but when tested may have blow near the end. Always check 100% with a meter (y)

Do you have the EBL unit ?? If so a similar thing happened to me and it was a 10amp fuse in the EBL. The fuse ran a circuit for TV, USB sockets and some lights.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
nigglynelly

nigglynelly

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thank you Tonka. That’s very useful. We haven’t got a fuse tester with us at the moment as we’re away in it but we’ll check that. What’s an EBL unit and where would it be if we had one?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back