Frankia Dometic Oven igniter and internal light stopped working - where is fuse? (1 Viewer)

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
It's all in the title. I think the fuse might have blown but don't know whether the fuse is on the Elektroblok 220-2 or elsewhere in van? Can't find anything in the manuals.

Last edited by a moderator:

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hope someone has an answer soon.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
In the absence of any other replies my N +B Arto has a Dometic Tec Tower with a gas oven on the top and the fridge freezer also can operate on gas. There is a 10 amp fuse serving the Piezo ignition systems on both, a 3 Amp fuse for the auto cut off for both and a 30 amp fuse for the 12 volt supply to the fridge freezer. I imagine yours should be similar but I have a CBE control system not an Electrobloc.

I hope that this may be of some use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Normally if a TecTower oven light & ignitor are fed via the fridge ignitor module which is fused separately from the EBL as it also feeds the fridge electronics. Hymers have a separate fuse block beside the EBL.
A 2 amp fuse on Hymers, hope it's the fuse the module is the wrong side of £200.

OP
OP
H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Hi,
Think I've worked it out. Since I posted it's got dark and I've noticed shower, bathroom & bedroom lights are not working so tomorrow I'll check out the lighting fuses on the EBL. Thanks everyone.

Margaritaman

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile C Class
Exp
since 2008
E38A3C0B-4ADD-4185-91CB-411A0CE8873F.png
Looks like the lights and oven are on the same circuit.
Might be worth starting by checking Kreis (circuit) 1,2,3,...... fuses etc.

Here’s the fuse layout on the EBL 220-2

OP
OP
H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Thanks MargaritaMan! I'll check those fuses.

OP
OP
H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Hi,

Thanks for your help. I've inspected all the fuses on the Elektroblok and none are blown. Don't know where to go from there. The Frankia agents at SMC Newark didn't seem ready to give advice as to where the fuse might be.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
But when it was dark last night you said that the lighting circuits were not working and these would not run off the fridge ignitor block on the back of the fridge. Have you turned off the control panel and turned it on again to see if re-powering back on again will sort it out.

Do you have both mains and 12 volt lighting? My N + B only has 12 volt lighting but maybe your mains circuit breaker or residual current device has tripped.

Have to say I'm clutching at straws now with both lights and fridge not working.

What is working on the 12 volt system? Are the batteries charged sufficiently?

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I've inspected all the fuses on the Elektroblok and none are blown. Don't know where to go from there. The Frankia agents at SMC Newark didn't seem ready to give advice as to where the fuse might be.

I find the dealer shortsighted with this attitude. A little help now and you are more likely to go back for servicing, repairs, damp checks and habitation checks etc!

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Come on @Hagstrom get your van sorted. We're looking forward to seeing you in the next few weeks or so.

Hope Ros is well.

It's very warm and sunny here and Executive is available :LOL:.

OP
OP
H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Hi Abacist,

The Van's lighting is solely 12v.

The manual describes Circuit 1 controlling the consumer load, passenger side and circuit 2, the driver's side, on the EBL (which has turned out to have 220-4 printed on it, not 220-2). The fault appears to have taken out one of these circuits but both fuses are intact.

The 12v supply has been isolated and reconnected several times to no avail. The consumer unit breakers are set properly.

It doesn't have a TEC tower. I've spoken to AandN Caravans who repair EBLs and now suspect the EBL is defective and have ordered a replacement. Ouch! Running out of time as need to get the ferry to Bilbao next week.

SMC Newark have since helped to pin down that the fuse will be on the ELB. But as above, all fuses still intact.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi Abacist,

The Van's lighting is solely 12v.

The manual describes Circuit 1 controlling the consumer load, passenger side and circuit 2, the driver's side, on the EBL (which has turned out to have 220-4 printed on it, not 220-2). The fault appears to have taken out one of these circuits but both fuses are intact.

The 12v supply has been isolated and reconnected several times to no avail. The consumer unit breakers are set properly.

It doesn't have a TEC tower. I've spoken to AandN Caravans who repair EBLs and now suspect the EBL is defective and have ordered a replacement. Ouch! Running out of time as need to get the ferry to Bilbao next week.

SMC Newark have since helped to pin down that the fuse will be on the ELB. But as above, all fuses still intact.

Ouch indeed .

But hold this thought ....... NORWAY!!!

OP
OP
H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Yes, I've replaced the fuses with spares but did not test the ones I had taken out.

OP
OP
H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Replacement EBL220-4 scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Taking photos of the fuse population and connections ready for re-installation. Keeping fingers crossed this will sort out my problems!

Can't say how helpful Martin Bushnell, of AandN Caravan Services has been in determining the possible problems, arranging to send me the replacement EBL and Udo Lang of Schaudt, Germany, in sorting out the remedial action to take after getting the "Defekt", "Er 1" message on the DT220.

These people have been very understanding, informative and helpful.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Good Luck with the replacement and I hope it sorts out your problem.

I am in a similar position in that my Dometic RMDT 8505 Fridge, Freezer & Oven combination is dead as a dodo. Firstly the mains cooling packed up on our last trip away and now the gas and 12 volt have packed and the control panel and oven light and oven lighting/temperature knob are also dead.

There are no fuses blown, no circuit breakers tripped nor the RCD has tripped.

I have power to the PCB power block on the back of the fridge but it goes nowhere else so I've ordered a replacement at £155 and am waiting for it with just over a week to go before we depart for Germany!

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Replacement EBL220-4 scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Taking photos of the fuse population and connections ready for re-installation. Keeping fingers crossed this will sort out my problems!

Can't say how helpful Martin Bushnell, of AandN Caravan Services has been in determining the possible problems, arranging to send me the replacement EBL and Udo Lang of Schaudt, Germany, in sorting out the remedial action to take after getting the "Defekt", "Er 1" message on the DT220.

These people have been very understanding, informative and helpful.
Hi, what was the remedial action taken for the “Defekt” and “Er1” please? Just Incase I get the same one day as I have the same DT220 with EBL220.

Thanks

OP
OP
H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Hi dpsuk999,
Udo Lang said it was, because after a battery disconnect the DT220 sometimes loses your battery capacity information and doesn't know how to evaluate your battery condition. He says to push the 12v button and then the Battery icon button, enter the menue and reset the aH capacity to match your leisure battery. Then leave on hook up mains charge until the battery tells the DT220 its full and the "Defekt Er 1" message should no longer be there.

OP
OP
H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Hi All,

Thank you for your helpful advice and suggestions. A replacement EBL220-4 arrived today from Martin Bushnell of Dragon Classic Cars, LL22 7SW. Ros and I fitted it this afternoon and full van functionality is restored! DT220 behaved normally on hookup, all circuits, including the faulty lighting/oven circuit restored.

Sigh of relief. Today was our last today to cancel the £580 Portsmouth-Bilbao ferry next week and get any sort of refund! So it was make or break. Thankfully, we should make the ferry with no problems.

Martin Bushnell is very good to deal with. He is one of the two in UK that refurbish and guarantee these units.

Norman

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back