Frankfurt-Hahn Airport access to "Arrivals" in a MoHo (1 Viewer)

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Hi All

I did a search of the forum & google but didnt find any relevant info to my question...

The wife and I are doing a three week tour of Germany at the end of the month, but our last week involves collecting our Daughter and her Fiancee from Frankfurt Hahn airport for them to have a mini-break with us as we make our way home to Blighty

Anyway, my question is: will I have any trouble driving the van into the airport to the "arrivals" pick-up point (assuming there is one !!!) & getting out again OK? The van is an 8m Tag Axle Eura Mobil - so German at least :LOL:.

Anyone have any experience of this please? I've collected someone from Gatwick in the van before so know it can be done there, but have no idea if its OK there.

If its not possible, is there an obvious meeting place outside the airport that I can park at & they could walk to/get a cab to?

All help greatfully received

Thanks

Steve

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hahn is a huge airport, its the old main US airbase. I have only been in and out once with taxis but I would be surprised if you cannot find somewhere to park up.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Looking at Google maps there is coach parking , so access shouldn't be a problem , also various public access firms spread about so also shows access :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Surely at all airports they have drop off / pick up by coaches and bus routes through the airport so cannot see it as a problem, google the airport and I'm sure you'll find the answer.

OP
OP
EssexBoy
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Thanks All...

I looked at the airport website and that only gives parking info, that is to say, I can park in Zone P2 as its the only one without height/length restrictions. I was hoping to do the same as I did in Gatwick and "drive in/stop at the pickup point/passenger in/drive out"

Google street view doesnt cover the airport roads, there's a series of single-point 360 degree photos, which do help, but was hoping someone might have actually "been there/done it/got the t-shirt" :LOL::LOL:

Cheers

Steve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Have done something similar at Bordeaux, Geneva, Lyons, Nice, Barcelona and Venice. Always had a "panic" and checked out via google street view and there doesn't seem to be an issue and there never was. The planning we came up with was for the motorhome to hang about 2-3 miles away and await the phone call of the passengers then the motorhome to follow the bus route and throw everybody in to the motorhome and exit stage left (followed by a bear)

Aug 17, 2018
Newquay, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Corinium
Exp
Since August 2018
Been to Hann many times, coaches stop outside the main door so you shouldn't have any trouble at all.
Have gotten soaked a couple of time waiting to board the coach so no canapy

OP
OP
EssexBoy
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
We're back home now after our jaunt away. This is what I ended up doing, if its any help to anyone else....

About 500 yards on the left before the terminal and the very expensive barriered short-term pickup point parking there, there is a sign for a pull-in that gives 30 mins free parking in front of what looks like the entrance to the airport police station. Plenty of room for Moho...
I stopped here for a few mins to wait for my daughter's call, then went up to the teminal, doing a U-turn just at the pick up point barrier, and she jumped in. I then returned to the pull-in for a further few minutes to sort ourselves out before leaving the airport completely...
So, all in all, pretty easy...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back