France (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
After the long trip last year we are only going as far as the Loire next year.All booked up and waiting. Best part of a month but probably going to Scotland in August as well for the Tattoo if we get tickets. Midge repellent on standbye.::bigsmile::thumb:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Loire is lovely area, stayed on a couple of nice sites inland and also Loire Atlantique area has good beaches.
Enjoy!

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recent converts from boating
I love the Loire. We had a night there after we picked up
our motorhome last week . We stayed at Amboise, good site in the middle of the river on an island. We stayed on the Aire for camping cars as the campsite closes in winter. Still it was just as good, just no toilets:Smile:

If you go to Amboise, don't miss the Clos Luce. Museum in Leonardo da Vinci's old home...... Fascinating !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , We visited the Loire last year and again for one night on our way back from Brittany this year , we only used aires.
Have a great time ,drive safe , relax , enjoy !!!
:sin: Terry:sin:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Just up the river from Amboise is Blois with an aire in the middle of the town (€5 no EHU).
Great shopping and night life. Catch the bus to Chambord chateau for €2 each way.:thumb:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi ,
Sully sur Loire nice free aire next to the Chateau, briare also free aire although we moved from the busy aire to the canal side just over the bridge on the right room for about 10. Beaugency nice aire, ouzouer sur trezee nice riverside aire with showers etc not far from Briare. the aire at Challones sur Loire which was lakeside has been closed / moved to the campsite just over the road small charge but has toilets showers etc and is on the side of the Loire. If you need gps / map refs for any of these just PM me.
:sin:Terry:sin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recent converts from boating
Thank you all so much. All of those places are only about two and a half hours from our home so easily do-able fir a weekend, except we don't do weekends now we are retired :ROFLMAO:

I can't believe how kind everyone on this forum is,

Many thanks again to all x

OP
OP
S
Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
Going to stay at site just south of Blois. Good cycling country I understand.Then on to Airvault.
:thumb:
Mike

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back