Aug 3, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
3 years campervan, many as a tugger
Hi all.
We've booked the ferry from Dover to Dunkirk for the beginning of June, planning to spend 4 - 6 weeks touring the Eastern half of France.
Having read warnings about Alpine passes possibly still being closed/difficult due to snow I thought we would head down through Burgundy and pick up the Route Napoleon at Grenoble & follow it down to the Med. We could then go left a bit & come back up via the Route des Grandes Alpes, possibly cutting through Switzerland & Alsace.
Then I remembered the Tour de France.....
Question is, Do we risk needing snow chains to go down via the Alps the first week in June, or do we risk encountering lemmings on bikes throwing themselves off the mountains on the way back? I have heard it gets very busy before the race, both with mad bikers on the road and at campsites etc.
(We are not particularly into sport, plan to use a mix of aires and sites, and have a medium sized PVC so don't expect too many problems negotiating the Cols provided they are clear)
Any thoughts/advice?
As it's our first time going any further south than Alsace, your comments would be much appreciated
Regards,
The Hen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back