Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi all
Can any of you provide us with a list of required documentation for our planned trip to France? I think we have everything in order but I thought I would ask some of you old hands just so we don't forget anything vital ::bigsmile:
Also any other tips regarding the do's and don't's would be very useful.
Thanks in advance ::bigsmile:

Keith

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Darn it..... I thought I had gotten away with leaving you behind ::bigsmile: You seem far to GOOD to be associated with the likes of me :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi keith I can think of these. European health card, log book, insurance certificate, passport, driving licence, personal insurance, breakdown cover, credit cards.

Olley

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
All originals + Mot Cert, and make 2 sets of copies as well, leave one copy at home take 2nd copy with you along with but seperate to the originals
Geo
Ps both parts of your D,licence if its a Photo type

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi all
Can any of you provide us with a list of required documentation for our planned trip to France? I think we have everything in order but I thought I would ask some of you old hands just so we don't forget anything vital ::bigsmile:

Keith

The only thing that is vital Keith is that big fat smile as you get on the ramp to the ferry. You guys will really enjoy yourselves, I bet you can't wait.:roflmto:

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Wait, wait, what's this wait? I am there aren't I?
Oh damn, I just looked out the window and no, I am still at home :roflmto::roflmto:
You bet ya

Keith

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
carnet card

i expect you have all the ones below

details on length, width, height, wheelbase incase you break down and need recovering to help them with the right recovery vehicle

fill up iwth diesel over there not here, it is 2/3 the price

gas cylinders etc as diff over there

spare bulbs, jacket, light deflectors etc

have fun on the ferry and watch out for Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Spare bulbs...... Thanks Hugh, had forgotten them :whatthe:

Keith

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
sat nav is really helpful also

first aid kit

diorearrrrrrrrrrrr tabs

mossie spray

headache, hayfeaver tabs

spare pair of pants:rofl:

V

vanessa

Deleted User
Good advice about the photocopies, but DO take the originals with you, too. Especially make sure you remember to carry both parts of your driving licence (photocard type) with you, as one part alone is not valid.

Some cash in Euros, just in case the card machines at service stations are on the blink (it DOES happen sometimes and is a nightmare!). Also remember that most 24-hour petrol stations off motorways are automated, and will not read UK cards (a few will but most will not) - something to bear in mind if you're arriving outside normal opening hours.

Oh yes, and our phone number in case you're in the vicinity and want a friendly place to stay:winky:

Enjoy France, it is a beautiful country.:Smile:

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks for that Vanessa
I had forgotten that our wonderfully useful little credit card sized drivers license was useless unless you ALSO carried the broadsheet with it :roflmto: What a joke that is :roflmto::roflmto:
Unfortunately I don't think we will be going as far south as you are, we are hanging out around Normandy, and our vans are a tad wider than 7'6" ::bigsmile: otherwise it would have been fun to drop by.
Thanks again for the heads up, much appreciated ::bigsmile:

Keith

V

vanessa

Deleted User
:rofl::rofl:

Oh yes, remember that wine bought in France will be MUCH nicer than that bought in the UK for a much LOWER price. And it will keep / travel fine.

General ruling for keeping wines - if you bought it in a supermarket (even in France) consume within 2 years, better consumed within 1 year. If you want wine to "lay down" either come over at the right time for the "wine festivals" (spring and autumn, weeks vary according to region and supermarket), and follow the guides they give out - or go to a "cave" and be brave! If you say "pour garder pour x ans", they will point you in the right direction, and usually love to help out - they often speak some English too ... so if you "show willing" with a bit of French, they'll usually do the same - and meet you half-way.

I

Ian_shel

Deleted User
France

:thumb:Having worked in France as a professional driver, make sure that all your documents are in order, Drivers Licence(s), MOT, Insurance, GB sticker etc, make sure that you wear your seatbelts, if you have a tomtom with speed camera alerts disable them (the Gendarmarie take a dim view to these and speed camera detectors are illeagal in France) also you must carry a reflective jacket/vest for each passenger.

Bon route,

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
From July 1st a Reflective Vest for each passenger must be carried in the vehicle and not in an external locker and a warning triangle must also be carried but can be in an external locker. Does and don'ts ? Do remember to drive on the right and don't forget to drive on the right.
Pete.
PS If you have a newish TomTom you can set it to remind you of which side of the road you should be on, and to give you an audible warning when you are exceeding the speed limit.

Last edited:
P

passion

Deleted User
Hi all

Keith
Hi I'm sure you know but dont forget 2 hazard triangles and a safety jacket for each person on board.Plus head light stickers to adjust beam
Have fun:Smile:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Motoring in France

Hi Keith

We went last year and going again in a couple of weeks. Lots of info on
Link Removed. includes docs reqd various rules of the road etc