Free Member
Nov 23, 2016
Lingfield
Funster No
MH
Compass Calypso
Exp
Just started
I am planning on driving my Compass Calypso to the Algarve this winter, beginning middle of January, and hoping that someone can give me advice on roads/campsites from Bayonne through Spain to Lagos. I am rather new to motorhoming, have done three trips in UK this year to get the feel of it, but feeling a bit apprehensive about the roads through northern Spain in the winter. Help and advice please!

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, use the search bar near the top right corner as see if anything comes up. Hopefully someone will be along soon to help. (y)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
OK! Have a look at this for your route through France assuming you want minimal toll costs with maximum motorway driving.
http://about-france.com/tourism/no-tolls-routes.htm
Then have a look at this for your Toll free route in Spain.
http://about-spain.net/travel/map.htm

I assume you have a Sat Nav and this will give you the best route to Lagos with or without tolls. I would avoid travelling via Madrid and basically you should take the E80 down through Salamanca then the E803 and enter Portugal at Badajoz, then onto Lagos. I have travelled down this route in January and it was fine.
As for overnight stops, pay a few pounds and get the full version of Campercontact which you can use off line and this will show you a multitude of dedicated stopping places along your route, many free and all with reviews that are translated into English.

You are aware that Spain (Murcia region) will be drier and warmer in the winter than compared to Portugal.

Safe Travels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back