France to italy (1 Viewer)

Benruddle

Free Member
Aug 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Hi.

We have been in France 3 weeks and are about to cross into Italy.
I think we are good. Double vaccinated and app and certificate to prove it.

I do miss things ?? Soooo have I got it right

Are we good to go.

We are passing through will be no more than weeks on our way to Slovakia / Croatia

Cheers all.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Hi.

We have been in France 3 weeks and are about to cross into Italy.
I think we are good. Double vaccinated and app and certificate to prove it.

I do miss things ?? Soooo have I got it right

Are we good to go.

We are passing through will be no more than weeks on our way to Slovakia / Croatia

Cheers all.
We went through the Mont Blanc tunnel last month France to Italy. The return was made a day later. No passport check, no COVID pass check, we don’t have any COVID type apps at all and didn’t need one anywhere either in France or Italy. The only thing we have is a paper saying we’re vaccinated but there’s nobody to show any of these things to anyway as there aren’t any border posts between shengen countries.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
We filled in the Italy PLF when sailing from Toulon to Sardinia. The ferry folk at Toulon asked if we had done this as it “would be required”. Drove straight off the boat in Sardinia. No one stopped us for anything.

Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
We accidentally went to Italy a few weeks ago when satnav sent us right up to the Frejus tunnel. No customs, no stopping, not even a sideways glance. Good job too as we never had any forms prepared.

Sep 23, 2021
Shinfield, Reading, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
The green pass in not required unless you have to spend time with other people in a close environment (restaurant / cinema / museum). Shopping centres don’t check for it.

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
We filled in the Italy PLF when sailing from Toulon to Sardinia. The ferry folk at Toulon asked if we had done this as it “would be required”. Drove straight off the boat in Sardinia. No one stopped us for anything.
If you’re talking about the EU plf, that is only necessary if your final destination is in Italy, not if you’re just transiting through. However we’ve heard that the ferry folk at Igoumenitsa are of the same opinion as those in Toulon so I will complete it before we leave Greece in a couple of weeks time.
When we entered Italy via the Mont Blanc tunnel in early September, the rules were that we could transit within 36hrs and not have to take a pcr test in France before entering, or take one (receive a -ve result, obviously) and take our time. We chose the former.

Oct 22, 2019
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 514 C Class
Exp
We have been in Italy 5 weeks and a have been asked for the green pass to prove we have been vaccinated, to go into museums, archaeological sites, the ferry teminal at Salerno for the ferry to Palermo Sicily. We have eaten out a few times and only once been asked for the green pass. So basically as long as you have proof of double jab on your phone or printed version your good to go. We crossed from France via Mont Cenis lovely drive over the top of Frejus tunnel.
IMG-20210915-WA0000.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
We filed in the Italy form as we were staying for 3 weeks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back