France - to book or not to book? (1 Viewer)

Humphrey Hymer

Free Member
Dec 9, 2012
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer T625
Exp
Just got our first motorhome and intending to go to France this August. We are thinking of Eurotunnel and exploring eastern France down to the Alps. Would I be best off to plan an itinery and book up sites in advance or just play it by ear and go with the flow? Many thanks.

ValinFrance

Free Member
Nov 1, 2011
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi - suggest you get hold of the aires guide... they are run by councils - some have barriers where you pay to enter and get a code for access, others have a pay and display system and someone comes around to check.

This thread may be helpful:
Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0

PaulJaq

Free Member
Sep 18, 2012
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Keystone Cougar 276EFS
Exp
Thanks for the info.:thumb: The clue to our aires ignorance was in the title 'newbie' and the fact that we have only done caravanning before!:Blush: I have goggled Aires and found plenty more info.::bigsmile:
But still not sure if 5th wheelers are allowed on aires; they are technically American RV's and need all the same services support.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Trucker

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2013
Renfrewshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2009
Camping July & August

I'm new to this forum so hopefully doing this correctly, we have been to France in July & August and never had any problems finding places to stay - campsites or aires, the good thing about not needing to book is you can decide to stay if you drive through an area and think this is nice then just stay as nearly every town or village have aires.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back