Free Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tyneside & Murcia Spain
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 530
Exp
Since April 2021
Only been motorhoming since April this year, but we’ve taken to it like a duck to water! Had a ferry booked Newhaven to Dieppe From two years ago, so decided we’d do it Still in MH. Left Newhaven mid August.
Ferry fine, got pulled over in Dieppe and they took my husband into an office, presented him with lots of paperwork saying the rabies injection our dog had in UK was not recognised by them, we had to take our dog next morning for a new rabies jab. My husband said we were travelling to Spain, so they gathered paperwork back up, said fine, let us travel on our way.
Found a lovely stopover in France, not far from Limoges, near a beautiful Lake. The electricity token we paid for invalid as the electricity points were all being used, but it’ll probably keep. The French were very nice, and tried to help us.
Toll roads cost us €65 into Spain.
In Spain we tried to get onto 4 campsites in Roses, they wanted €50 per night. New to this but seems expensive to us.
We found a place to stay that night at 8.00pm, no electricity points left but €10
Next stop in Spain was on a German run site. Looked at app, it was 6.7km from where we were on Motorway, pulled straight off, found a place to re set sat nav and we were there in less than 10 minutes.
It was free for the night if you ate there, or you could pay for electric. We had a lovely meal on a very nice terrace, it was a good choice, the meal and wine came to around €50. The gate was locked at 11pm so felt very secure, and the place was spotless. We were the only brits, but had a nice conversation with a German camper who was heading for Murcia Spain like us the following day.
We had free water, electricity and WiFi for the cost of the meal.
We got our dog a Spanish passport in Spain.
First photo France, second the German run site…

Attachments

• C83DA838-4A5E-4A95-97F8-445FE2B91961.jpeg
    C83DA838-4A5E-4A95-97F8-445FE2B91961.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 64
  • CB7FA3A7-E7E4-4CBF-8D66-984E3EF5303C.jpeg
    CB7FA3A7-E7E4-4CBF-8D66-984E3EF5303C.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 64

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
It’s great to hear you’re loving it and I think there is nearly always someone who wants to help, especially if you ask And you never stop learning! where are you now?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Brand New Day

Brand New Day

Free Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tyneside & Murcia Spain
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 530
Exp
Since April 2021
It’s great to hear you’re loving it and I think there is nearly always someone who wants to help, especially if you ask And you never stop learning! where are you now?
Hi, we’re in Puerto de Mazarron, not staying in MH presently but planning on some stays. Need to look on the app, Where are you in Murcia? 😊

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
Can I ask a question regarding getting a Spanish passport in Spain? Are you residents in Spain? We go back and forth (or at least we did before Covid) competing with horses and travel our dogs with us. We haven't done this since Brexit so haven't had to get AHC for the dogs yet but always had to for the horses although it is far more complicated now. Do you know if you are able to get a Spanish passport for dogs if you don't have residency in Spain. Thank you

OP
OP
Brand New Day

Brand New Day

Free Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tyneside & Murcia Spain
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 530
Exp
Since April 2021
Can I ask a question regarding getting a Spanish passport in Spain? Are you residents in Spain? We go back and forth (or at least we did before Covid) competing with horses and travel our dogs with us. We haven't done this since Brexit so haven't had to get AHC for the dogs yet but always had to for the horses although it is far more complicated now. Do you know if you are able to get a Spanish passport for dogs if you don't have residency in Spain. Thank you
Hi, we like you have travelled back and forth pre Brexit. We aren’t Spanish residents, but do have a holiday home here. The Vet used that address. On our travels through France and Spain, the only GB vehicle we saw was a horse box in Murcia region.

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
Yes you can. Our friends have a Spanish passport for their dogs and do not live in Spain, nor do they have Spanish residency. If you want to PM me I will let you have the details of our vets here in Spain, they speak excellent English and will be able to give you any information you want.

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
Hi, we’re in Puerto de Mazarron, not staying in MH presently but planning on some stays. Need to look on the app, Where are you in Murcia? 😊
We are twenty minutes from Puerto de Mazarron. There are several sites in and around the Port and a new aire which opened last year. If you want any details please just let me know. Also if you are in need of any other information on the area please just ask, although if you have a holiday home here you probably already know!

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
Hi, we like you have travelled back and forth pre Brexit. We aren’t Spanish residents, but do have a holiday home here. The Vet used that address. On our travels through France and Spain, the only GB vehicle we saw was a horse box in Murcia region.
Thank you, we don't currently have a property in Spain but were actively looking before Covid struck. We had flights booked to view the day after the first lock down happened. I imagine we will have to be able to provide a Spanish address before we are able to get Spanish passports. Do you Spanish passports allow travel for the dogs throughout Europe?

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
Yes you can. Our friends have a Spanish passport for their dogs and do not live in Spain, nor do they have Spanish residency. If you want to PM me I will let you have the details of our vets here in Spain, they speak excellent English and will be able to give you any information you want.
Thank you. We don't currently have a holiday home so no Spanish address to give the vets. As I replied to 'Brand New Day' we were looking to buy before covid and haven't given up that dream but letting everything settle a little first. We stay around Oliva/Denia usually because we take our horses there for about 8 weeks in the spring. I have used the vets in Oliva and they were amazing. What area are the vets you use?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Do you know if you are able to get a Spanish passport for dogs if you don't have residency in Spain. Thank you
Yes
I imagine we will have to be able to provide a Spanish address before we are able to get Spanish passports. Do you Spanish passports allow travel for the dogs throughout Europe?
Or the vet can use the vets address same as a bank would use there local address for a non -resident account.
& yes once you have the passport it is valid for travel throughout the Eu.

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
Thank you. We don't currently have a holiday home so no Spanish address to give the vets. As I replied to 'Brand New Day' we were looking to buy before covid and haven't given up that dream but letting everything settle a little first. We stay around Oliva/Denia usually because we take our horses there for about 8 weeks in the spring. I have used the vets in Oliva and they were amazing. What area are the vets you use?
Thats good info from Gus-Lopez regarding using the vets own address. Our vet is based in Mazarron, Murcia.

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
El Gat Blau Clínica Veterinaria .
This is the vets we use in Oliva and she's speaks perfect English. Alway helpful.
We'll be getting our dog a EU passport when we next Go

OP
OP
Brand New Day

Brand New Day

Free Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tyneside & Murcia Spain
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 530
Exp
Since April 2021
Lizzac sur couze , 57m SE of Limoges

& this will be the house to the left , lovely Lake , we stayed for a couple of nights before heading to the dordogne

View attachment 533687
Yes, that’s it 😊 There was a lot going on, including live music in the outdoor bar, though we only passed by. Lovely photo. There was a lot of disappointed people who couldn’t get get parked up, so felt lucky, even without the electricity 😊

OP
OP
Brand New Day

Brand New Day

Free Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tyneside & Murcia Spain
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 530
Exp
Since April 2021
Sandstone Rock in Bolnuevo near Mazarrón Spain. Thought those that have not seen these before may like?
We stay not too far away along the Coast from these, so have seen them from time to time for around 18 year.

OP
OP
Brand New Day

Brand New Day

Free Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tyneside & Murcia Spain
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 530
Exp
Since April 2021
Sandstone Rock, Bolnuevo near Mazarrón Spain.

Attachments

• C9006CF4-6D8C-463B-A525-D0B407C2C9E2.jpeg
    C9006CF4-6D8C-463B-A525-D0B407C2C9E2.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 9
  • AE5302DA-4CD9-49FD-9EE6-0BAA0AF8EC98.jpeg
    AE5302DA-4CD9-49FD-9EE6-0BAA0AF8EC98.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 7201B76B-75E7-4C6C-BF91-4E29BE1F442B.jpeg
    7201B76B-75E7-4C6C-BF91-4E29BE1F442B.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 12

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
They are definitely worth having a look at, they are now fenced off to stop people climbing on them and have been given some sort of designation as a place of special interest.

I am actually in Bolnuevo at the moment at the hairdressers!!!!

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
They are definitely worth having a look at, they are now fenced off to stop people climbing on them and have been given some sort of designation as a place of special interest.

I am actually in Bolnuevo at the moment at the hairdressers!!!!

I'm hanging in there for a haircut. We get back in a few weeks. Haircut very soon afterwards. Trip to dentist also necessary 😢

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Brand New Day From recollection we had a 2 year rabies jab for our cat & whilst we never had a problem with numerous crossings into France with him I think in France it needed to be an annual injection, but this only applied if you were in France for 3 months or more. Perhaps this is what happened to you?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back