France. Spain and Portugal Tolling Tags (1 Viewer)

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
We have already got the Sanef Tag for France and I wondered if there was one that covered all the above countries.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
There is one but you have to be resident in Spain to get it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just used my Sanef tag for the first time today. We approached the barrier not knowing if it would even work - but it did and it beeps at you too. :)
Only drawback of course is you don't know what the charge is - unless it flashes up on the ticket machine. We must look next time, though I'm not sure when that will be. I've already chosen a non-toll route for tomorrow. Today's route on a péage was very short. :)

Last edited:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
As we very rarely use toll roads have never bothered with toll tags etc. Okay it may take a few seconds longer to go through but we're never in that much rush.

The only one we "register" for is Portugal, which you do on entry to the country with a credit card. After that we've never used any of the Portuguese toll roads and never been charged (care it needs to be periodically renewed,see the ticket). Have heard a picky Portuguese policeman may try to fine you if you haven't registered.

Even in Scandinavia we didn't bother - just got an invoice when we got home that could be paid to a UK bank account. Simples.

Deleted User
Thanks for the link to 'bipandgo'. I have used the sanef system for a few years now, however, had not been aware you could get a combined French/Spanish electronic toll.

Lafant

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Our rig weighs 3.5 tons and we pull a Smart car so we're Class 4 and don't qualify for a Sanef tag.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Hello @DBK How do you get the tag sent to England. I am having no luck. Help please:(

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Only drawback of course is you don't know what the charge is - unless it flashes up on the ticket machine.

It does appear on the screen.

The way it works is that the system detects your vehicle (not the tag) as you get to the booth and decides what it wants to charge you which is then displayed on the screen as usual. You keep moving and eventually the tag sensors near the barrier will detect your tag and if it's one that's compatible with the class the system wants to charge you it will beep, the barrier will open and off you go.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Well done that man @DBK . I have now got that sorted. Al I have to do now is get this AIR. CER . Having fun. It is all in French. I have a 2 ltr petrol van.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
It seems worth it if you are going to use a lot of toll roads but hardly worth it if you only use a few. SWMBO got if off to a T last time. Pull up put card in and away. Did notice that we are only CLASS 2 :rolleyes:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
We found that on the non manned toll booths we were getting charged as a class 3. So this way hoping to save a bit of cash.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Apparently you can get them for Italy too. I'll start a new thread and see if anyone has one. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back