Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
I have alway though to get into this but have not done it until now as I have retired and plan to go to France on the 4th Sept for a couple of months is France passion a good scheme and any tips on its use please

nelly

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We tried France passion last year. We did find one very good spot (an auberge near the alps) but found the book pretty unhelpful, as it was arranged by regions (which are pretty big) and frequently we don't know what region we are in. The POI file is of limited usefulness as it is full of spurious locations (deliberately I believe to stop you using the poi file instead of the book) .

It would be a lot more user friendly if arranged by nearest town for example, though our usual method with aires and sites is just to use the 'poi near you' option on the Tomtom which doesn't work for France passion. As a result we have not re-joined. It's a great idea but a flawed implementation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Excelent, as long as they are where you want to be, you can go a fair bit out of your way to find them, but we've never seen a bad one but as with Britstops they can work out dearer than aires if you get buying the stuff they sell, I know you have to buy food and wine or whatever they sell but it can be a lot dearer than buying from supermarket.
If you are going for a couple of months it has to be worth it as you will bound to find some you like but do your homework first and find out exactly where they are(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Actually the 2014 book has the full coordinates in now(y)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I think choice and different options are always good. We use ACSI, Aires and France Passion. We've found some brilliant FPs, admittedly with a fair bit of detective work, but when you finally track them down, they are really good, particularly the one 10 minutes away from the Eurotunnel. Not for everyone, but for fans like us, that just makes it even better!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:blush:Have not used it for a couple of years , but when we did found them really useful, favourite was a Aurberge just out side Dunkirk , beautiful garden with Peacocks Hens of every breed, and the lady cooked us a really nice meal, was special.

If you are planning on being in France for a while could be worth a try, a bit of Passion is always good.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
We tried it a year or so ago, whenever we found one there was an aire (very) nearby which was a better place(water, dump or better view),so didn't bother with it again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We tried it a few years ago, the one we tried at a vinyard would have been ok, the owner and family were going out for a meal and asked us to wait until they came back in about 2 hours or so, that would have been ok but when we put the fridge on gas it wouldn't work so motored on to a site, didn't bother after that. Pete

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Personally never bothered with France Passion as Aires are plentiful, in great locations, and easy to find .. many free or a few Euro.. also, as mentioned, I prefer to pay few Euro for an Aire rather than feel obliged to buy produce we don't need or want (wine) or buy cheaper in a local market.

Another to look at is Link Removed..

we used these when we went camping and also caravanning in France..

Farm camping
"Camping à la ferme" is a label offered to farmers who offer a small area for camping, with a maximum of six pitches; the similar "aire naturelle de camping" is an area with a maximum of 25 pitches. They must all provide toilets and wash basins, electric power points, and dustbins, as well as at least one warm shower.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back