Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
with the exchange rate as it is should i go to france for my holidays this year or should i stay in England and go to Cornwall

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
at least in france they have roads in summer, not very long, thin carparks like cornwall:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
They got cheaper wine than us and the parking is better I`m going to Farnce again this year:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:and you get fresh sea food I like that cos I`m on a see food diet :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
France for us also:thumb:

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
might go to cornwall then as france will be full of moterhomes and i will be the only one in cornwall

just kidding it will probably be france for me too:thumb:

Chudders

Free Member
Jan 17, 2009
Newquay, Cornwall
Funster No
I live in Cornwall,(Newquay to be precise) Much talk about the summer traffic and it can get quite bad. For all the bad publicity it is surprising how many people want to leave the area they are in and come to or retire to Cornwall. Anyway, I think you should all come to sunny Cornwall cause I,m booked to go to France. (Says it all I suppose).
:ROFLMAO:Dave

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
You wont be the only one in Cornwall as I live there on a beautiful campsite that is right in the middle of a country park and nature reserve :) you must know where from that lol! :ROFLMAO:

I might be tempted to go to France too in summer :)

Boo :winky:

Chudders

Free Member
Jan 17, 2009
Newquay, Cornwall
Funster No
You wont be the only one in Cornwall as I live there on a beautiful campsite that is right in the middle of a country park and nature reserve :) you must know where from that lol! :ROFLMAO:

I might be tempted to go to France too in summer :)

Boo :winky:
I can,t quite work out where, give me a bit more of a clue
Dave:cry:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
cornwall we are going in june for 4 weeks we love the place so mush we are thinging of moveing there::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007

that'll be due to EU rules then.....cornish pasties can only be made in cornwall, chedder cheese only in chedder, black pudding only in blackpool or blackburn ,scotch whisky only in scotchland, yorkshire pud only in yorkshire.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Black puddings are from BURY. :ROFLMAO:
Blackpool indeed!!!!!!
:ROFLMAO:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
I can,t quite work out where, give me a bit more of a clue
Dave:cry:
A beautiful place called Tehidy Holiday Park (Tehidy holiday park Cornwall, Caravan and Camping, Cottages, Cornwall) :Smile:...........no pets allowed tho as its a nature reserve and country park :Sad: ................................then to Devon to start my new job in a couple of weeks :D

hayleylulu wrote: cornwall we are going in june for 4 weeks we love the place so mush we are thinging of moveing there::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

I moved down here 5yrs ago...............it is the best move I ever made................even though it's London prices but Shetland Island wages :winky:

NEWQUAY!!! my sis lives there............abit to rowdy for me tho :winky:
I will just follow you lot to France so I don't get lost lol! :thumb:

Boo

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Black puddings are from BURY. :ROFLMAO:

No, no, that's what you are supposed to do with them. They were designed as a safe disposal system for biological waste by ecological Pendle Witches who did not know how to safely dispose of the waste after a good disembowelling session and they invented this bagging system which they buried down deep shafts and, incidentally, in the process invented the coal mining industry.

Last edited:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
No competition! France has more warm sunshine than Cornwall without the extreme heat of Spain; french bread, cheeses, and so on..... Why do you think we moved here (and so did other Brits)? We holidayed in Cornwall (and had a sunny day) and France and kept returning to the latter for all the above reasons, which led to the decision to move here.

Come on down!

Bob & Di

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
France or Cornwall .. ? Champagne or Cider ?

Cornwall : = Overcrowded roads, rip off prices, no aires, parking fees (if you can find a spot) .. 'NO Motorhomes' , 'NO Overnight parking' , overpriced greasy pies they call pasties.. and dodgy weather.

France: = Quiet roads, Free Aires, plenty of free parking, welcomes motorhomes, friendly people , great bread, markets, beaches, sunshine.

You can escape in France.. no matter what the season.. no matter what your budget..:thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980

Cornwall : = Overcrowded roads, rip off prices, no aires, parking fees (if you can find a spot) .. 'NO Motorhomes' , 'NO Overnight parking' , overpriced greasy pies they call pasties.. and dodgy weather.

France: = Quiet roads, Free Aires, plenty of free parking, welcomes motorhomes, friendly people , great bread, markets, beaches, sunshine.

You can escape in France.. no matter what the season.. no matter what your budget..:thumb:

So I guess its Cornwall for u eh Jim :roflmto::roflmto:

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp

Thats it in a nutshell viva Le France:ROFLMAO:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
And you can get black pudding in France. They do several varieties. Haven't seen any pasties though.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
well it looks like it's france then
thankyou all for your opinions
instead of pasties and crabbing in cornwall it's frogslegs and snails in france yuk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back