Aug 11, 2019
North Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 700
Exp
A newbie
For those in sunny Cymru.
In the absence of a NHS Wales app the vaccination card supplied at a surgery, or vaccination centre, is not valid for international travel. You currently need to request a vaccination certificate from NHS Wales. The contact number is 0300 303 5667. They send it by post within 7-10 days. So a little pre-planning is required. Apparently a NHS Wales app may be introduced in the future.

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Pretty straightforward I went on to the NHS inform site today for Scotland where the vaccination records are and requested a paper copy. 👍I had already registered and downloaded a copy of it, but the download isn't accepted for travel.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
It's probably me being thick (no comments please) but if you remain totally anonymous using the NHS app, how do you get your vaccination status downloaded? I can't even find a mention of vaccines on my app or is there another one?
It’s NOT the NHS “COVID” App.
It is the NHS App.
Mitch.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We can’t wait 😛 hopefully the house sale completes next Wednesday, off to France to wait for a phone call to say our new Malibu has arrived, thanks Simon of Alan Kerr, quick sprint back to collect new Motorhome and Croatia here we come
Nice one. Are you allowed to transit Italy without quarantine?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
For those in sunny Cymru.
In the absence of a NHS Wales app the vaccination card supplied at a surgery, or vaccination centre, is not valid for international travel. You currently need to request a vaccination certificate from NHS Wales. The contact number is 0300 303 5667. They send it by post within 7-10 days. So a little pre-planning is required. Apparently a NHS Wales app may be introduced in the future.
So glad we live our side of the border, what possible reason can they have for not having the app? I feel sorry for the welsh being saddled with Drakeford.

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
It was no problem getting Vaccine certificate from Welsh nhs number, still hoping to find a route through to Croatia, Italy insisting on quarantine makes it tricky at the moment

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
"So glad we live our side of the border, what possible reason can they have for not having the app? I feel sorry for the welsh being saddled with Drakeford."

....or Kim Yung Drakeford as he is known over here.

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
NHS app but downloaded the paper copy. Just about to go thru border control but in the car thou.
French border control at Caen took about 10 mins longer than normal I guess because they have more paperwork to check.

Only seen a handful of UK plated vehicles on the roads. Normally at this time of year in Dept 17 there are loads.

I’m hoping to be back down in France in August but in the Hymer. Getting quite jealous as there are plenty of French and German motorhomes out and about in the La Rochelle to Royan area where we are based.

Next hurdle is to figure out testing for the return to the UK at end of next week.

Now and more importantly, I'm about to open a dozen oysters I picked up from Marennes this morning along with a bottle of something fizzy!

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
French border control at Caen took about 10 mins longer than normal I guess because they have more paperwork to check.

Only seen a handful of UK plated vehicles on the roads. Normally at this time of year in Dept 17 there are loads.

I’m hoping to be back down in France in August but in the Hymer. Getting quite jealous as there are plenty of French and German motorhomes out and about in the La Rochelle to Royan area where we are based.

Next hurdle is to figure out testing for the return to the UK at end of next week.

Now and more importantly, I'm about to open a dozen oysters I picked up from Marennes this morning along with a bottle of something fizzy!
There are hundreds of German, Dutch and Belgian motorhomes in France following the Tour de France. Was there any checks for UK produce?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
There are hundreds of German, Dutch and Belgian motorhomes in France following the Tour de France. Was there any checks for UK produce?
Doubt it,,no borders between Germany,Holland Belgium and France and why should there be any checks for UK products.?BUSBY.

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago

No checks on us or anyone around us in the queue.

A guy who was towing a nice looking boat seemed to be getting a lot of hassle for not having suitable documents for the craft.

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Doubt it,,no borders between Germany,Holland Belgium and France and why should there be any checks for UK products.?BUSBY.
I was enquiring about checks from UK to France I know there isn't checks between EU countries.

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
At the tunnel this evening, we arrived a couple of hours early and were offered an earlier train which we accepted.

Passports checked at UK point along with the Eurotunnel check sheet.

Steering wheel and door handles swabbed at the point where they checked our gas was turned off, took about 2 minutes.

At the French border kiosk passports checked, asked where we were going and purpose, which was all very pleasant. Had a quick look at the proof of vaccination and negative covid test, and the declaration - self signed - that we were symptom free.

All very friendly. No questions at all re the contents of the fridge or the presence of foodstuffs etc. Now settled on the Aire at Boulogne Sur Mer, in the pouring rain preparing for a long drive south tomorrow.

I think we were the only motorhome on the train this evening!!

Easiest crossing to France we've ever had.

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
I have now cancelled our Boots Antigen test and saved £120.0. We will do the free NHS Antigen test on Friday afternoon and present to the French border staff on the Sunday morning at Dover. I'm now confident this will meet French entry requirements !
Will be interested to see how you get on.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Is the NHS test a PCR ?
7F51A771-E774-4CB4-ABD8-E2B8181A1199.png

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
No speak Froggy mate so that attachment is lost on me. But I can assure you the NHS test is not a PCR test.
Rough translation:
For fully vaccinated people:
- a negative PCR test carried out less than 72 hours before boarding or a negative antigen test
(aka. lateral flow) carried out less than 48 hours before boarding. Warning self-administered tests are not authorised for travel.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
So is not the correct test for entry to France .
Might get away with it but wonder how you would feel if people entering the U.K. were thinking likewise .
Jesus! Not another one. How many times are we going to get posts from Funsters who do not understand how the NHS Antigen testing works or perhaps are just anti Brits taking a holiday. For your information and education, me old cock sparrow, I'm not taking a self administered NHS test. It will be undertaken by a tester at a free walk in test station and the results sent to me by txt message which I can then get independent email confirmation from a Gov. website. Please do try to be accurate when you post stuff like that as you may be putting off other Funsters who could use the same service and save themselves a bit of cash.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Rough translation:
For fully vaccinated people:
- a negative PCR test carried out less than 72 hours before boarding or a negative antigen test
(aka. lateral flow) carried out less than 48 hours before boarding. Warning self-administered tests are not authorised for travel.
See my post above Chum.

Jan 19, 2014
Calpe Spain
Funster No
MH
Benimar T483
Exp
Since 1980
We have had our antigen tests carried out at East Midlands Airport walk through at lunchtime today. Booked online with Collinson( airport provider) at the discounted price of £32 each. Discount code on booking site.Parking right outside building. Staff do the test and results within 20mins online just time for a brew. Requested certificate print off as no printer onboard van and staff did that straight away with a smile.
We now have travel certificates with all relevant details so should be no issues tomorrow at terminal.
All major airports offer testing for anybody who require it at nearly half the price of ripoff high street sites.
Why take the chance or hassle?
This is the second time we have used Collinson. The first was Manchester for Lamp tests (Spain requirement) and both have been painless and quick.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Jesus! Not another one. How many times are we going to get posts from Funsters who do not understand how the NHS Antigen testing works or perhaps are just anti Brits taking a holiday. For your information and education, me old cock sparrow, I'm not taking a self administered NHS test. It will be undertaken by a tester at a free walk in test station and the results sent to me by txt message which I can then get independent email confirmation from a Gov. website. Please do try to be accurate when you post stuff like that as you may be putting off other Funsters who could use the same service and save themselves a bit of cash.
Thank you very much for clearing this up.

We are looking at 26th July travel and will now use this route for testing as we have had these tests weekly at the local test centre for the last few months.

Any chance you know of a free animal health certificate? :drinks:

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
I wasn't laughing today when I called a vet in coventry and asked for the price of the AHC

£192 nearly fell off me chair.:eek:

I said that has to be the most expensive one in the country. In fact it made me feel better that our vet was only £84

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back