LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Me as well, all things being equal we will be in France Friday teatime ish :Grin: :Grin:
I v e just seen today's figures.
Get over there quick before Macron changes his mind !

If we had 14 days worth of our figures today (which are still rising higher and higher) then we will have nearly quadrupled our rate in a month.

Todays figure would equate to 155.2 in the 14/100,000. Most of it Delta. I suspect there will come a time when they consider "Non" to us again.

Last edited:
May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Me as well, all things being equal we will be in France Friday teatime ish :Grin: :Grin:
I'd just like to finish off by saying that my original quote was meant to be a little tongue-in-cheek. Of course Europe is great - I had a wonderful time 3 year ago driving to Portugal and back....it's just that right now it appears to be more hard work to get there than I care for, with all this Covid lark. So Bon Voyage mate & I'm sure your doing the right thing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016

If we had 14 days worth of our figures today (which are still rising higher and higher) then we will have nearly quadrupled our rate in a month.

Todays figure would equate to 155.2 in the 14/100,000. Most of it Delta. I suspect there will come a time when they consider "Non" to us again.
Was thinking the same thing, that coupled with the trade war over the NI protocol its not looking good for us to be released from detention.:cautious:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Good luck in a tin can with the weather ! Home for me in the cool with a dip in the pool lol
6A710DA3-BC02-4042-BD98-C36C76276567.png

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007

It does not look good does it ! However, what we do have in our favour is, France is asking for both vaccinations and a negative test taken before entry and with the Hospital admissions and death from double jabbed citizens remaining extreeeeeemly low, there is still a good chance France will continue to let us in. I hope!

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
However, what we do have in our favour is, France is asking for both vaccinations and a negative test taken before entry and with the Hospital admissions and death from double jabbed citizens remaining extreeeeeemly low, there is still a good chance France will let us in. I hope!
Not booked on the Tunnel until 28/06.

Hope you're correct as we have a plan to do some swimming and Paddle-Boarding in the rivers and lakes of Eastern France!!

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001

That’s depressing, I had just started to hope we’d get away.

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS

That's the plan, earliest boots appointment for tests 10.30am, but thats in the next town to us, so, figure 11.30am done at boots, 30 mins drive home, collect the van, setting off 12-12.15pm.
212 miles to the eurotunnel, i'm guessing 31/2 hrs, arriving 4.45pm ish, no waiting, straight on to booking in and passport control,no idea how long that will take, hopefully 1/2 hr or so, so maybe boarding 5.15pm ish, arriving in france 5.50pm ish, 18.50 their time, if all that goes remotely to plan i will be very happy.

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
I cant remember the year, 2010??, when there was a lot of deaths in paris because of the heat, we were in france then, around Annecy, jesus it was hot, then a few years ago, i think we saw 44c in france, a tad warm you might say...

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
We are planning France end of july for five weeks. Three weeks if we have to quarantine on return. What happens if you test positive on leaving France do you have to quarantine in France?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You have made an assumption that i think the test should be free, i never said that, but that does not alter the fact that i think they are too expensive, given that the test is the same, it is the method of reporting and recording the results that are different.
Come on, play fair i never said they should be free.
BTW, i am a UK taxpayer.
It was a general query (hence the question mark) for views on the use of the NHS tests for free for leisure equating it to me getting free docs for my dogs. I never said that you or the others definitely thought they should be free so the 'fair play' comment wasn't really needed - if they were accepted as proof and you wanted to make a donation for them you could but some seem to think that if they were accepted using them for a 'holiday' is okay which is not what they are being supplied for regardless of whether they are free or charged for.

As for private tests, yes I totally agree they are way too expensive but if people want to go away they need to decide if it's worth the extra cost or not, whatever it is.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I cant remember the year, 2010??, when there was a lot of deaths in paris because of the heat, we were in france then, around Annecy, jesus it was hot, then a few years ago, i think we saw 44c in france, a tad warm you might say...
For us it was June 2005, our first MH holiday abroad, and we had temperatures over 40 and we were melting, we got as far as Cognac and it was unbearable so after one night we high-tailed it back northwards for cooler weather (not much better though!).

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
It does not look good does it ! However, what we do have in our favour is, France is asking for both vaccinations and a negative test taken before entry and with the Hospital admissions and death from double jabbed citizens remaining extreeeeeemly low, there is still a good chance France will continue to let us in. I hope!
For the sake of everyone going (which unfortunately doesnt include me) I sincerely hope you are right.

Bottom of my gut tells me that it will go through Macrons mind as another little political victory, heres hoping you guys dont have to put up with it.

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
Managed to book Brittany Ferries for Sunday Night, got a private clinic doing two LFTests on Friday £40 each... Looks like I'm going home :cool:

Taking a chain-saw to find the front door. I hate to think what's growing in the swimming pool. Harpoon gun ready.
£40 each?
Can I ask where abouts that was as our boots wants £99 per person, another local clinic wants £139 out of me. 🤬

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Was that Alfreton Boots,? BUSBY
Chesterfield boots, alfreton don't do them, derby do as well, but i don't know derby that well, born in chesterfield, lived there for 40 years :LOL:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
£40 each?
Can I ask where abouts that was as our boots wants £99 per person, another local clinic wants £139 out of me. 🤬
If your crossing to France you only need a negative Antigen test within 48 hrs and not a PCR test. The cheapest I have found is £59.99 at Boots.
They do it at multiple sites and you need to book and pay in advance. However, if your travel plans change you can cancel and get a full refund. All the details are in this link. https://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/covid-19-testing

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Thinking about buying 960 of these for £6,000 making them £6.56 each and offering to sell them to you all for £50 just so that I can help you all out.

How many of people going that would make this a viable option for someone to do and flog them at a reasonable £20 which gives someone enough money to make a bit and everyone else to save an amount ?

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Thinking about buying 960 of these for £6,000 making them £6.56 each and offering to sell them to you all for £50 just so that I can help you all out.

How many of people going that would make this a viable option for someone to do and flog them at a reasonable £20 which gives someone enough money to make a bit and everyone else to save an amount ?
Won't be ok to use for a trip abroad, if that's what you mean?, it's the way the test is recorded, ie by another licenced/approved/ whatever the term is, as i understand it, test fine, recording of result not.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back