Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Don Madge let us know the other day about the new laws for carrying Hi_Vis Jackets, along with this there are some other regs being bought in that you should be aware of.

The Interministerial Committee of the Securite Routiere have announced some forthcoming measures for the protection of vulnerable road users.

Persons leaving their vehicle in the event of breakdown - from 1 July 2008, it will be obligatory for all vehicles to carry a warning triangle and reflective waistcoat for this purpose.

Cyclists riding at night - from 1 September 2008, all cyclists riding outside lit built up areas will be required to wear a reflective waistcoat.

The current 'pedestrian zone' and 'zone 30' do not currently allow a total integration of all users in urban streets, so the committee plans to introduce the concept of the 'zone de rencontre' within the code de la route where pedestrians will have priority over all vehicles and will no longer be obliged to keep to the pavements. The speed limit will also be reduced to 20kph.

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Hi Jim,

For those who tow a car/trailer.

Two triangles in France, three in Spain. If car is separated from trailer then trailer needs one in France (at rear) and two in Spain (front AND rear). Car still required to carry one.

French regulations are specific, triangle to CEE R27 and jacket to EN 471 classe 2 and both EC marked.

In France, triangle 30m behind car in built up areas and 150m otherwise. Jacket(s) must be put on BEFORE leaving the car.

I think I got that right :Eeek:

Don

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I seem to recall that you need to carry a full set of replacement bulbs for your motorhome (and Toad if applicable!!) somewhere in the rules as well. :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I seem to recall that you need to carry a full set of replacement bulbs for your motorhome (and Toad if applicable!!) somewhere in the rules as well. :Doh:

Supposed to do all sortsa things Dazzer.

I used to carry all this tat around with me but never got asked by the Gendarmerie guys if they could have a look. Its been stuck in the back of the Garage for years now.
Many times i've often not had a GB sticker on display either.
Tut tut!!:RollEyes:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back