France new Covid rules from 4th December? (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Read the info on eurotunnel website. We booked our test in Norwich for 9.40 Boxing Day (they are open Xmas day too) cost is £58 for the two of us we travel to France on Eurotunnel the next day. 🤞🏻 😊
Julie P , Where in Norwich did you get your tests done?

Oct 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 7057
Exp
We travel on the 29th from Dover with an overnight at the CMC Blackhorse farm site - Hope to get our tests done on the 28th at Wren Healthcare Crayford just past the Dartford crossing and hopefully get an immediate fit to fly cert

Apr 2, 2020
Funster No
MH
Self conversion merc
Exp
Since 1998
Which tests are we all getting
Pcr or antigen lateralflow. As all i can find are anti gen a lot cheaper or am i missing something. Tia chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 7057
Exp
Antigen is ok if its not self done according to the web site - I am hoping that after all the faffing about to get into France you can drive into Spain and Portugal

Mar 9, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Dakota ’14
Exp
We have booked Antigen tests at Asda Ashford Drive through, via Eurofin for Wednesday.
Results in 15 mins or 3 hours depending on the price you pay.
Tunnel booked for Thursday so hope we pass.

Sep 8, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson 510 on Ford
Exp
Since 2013
Which tests are we all getting
Pcr or antigen lateralflow. As all i can find are anti gen a lot cheaper or am i missing something. Tia chris
The antigen test (= lateral flow test) is cheaper as it does not have to go to a lab to be processed and you get the result faster for the same reason. That's what I'll be having if we can sort out the dog's AHC.

Apr 2, 2020
Funster No
MH
Self conversion merc
Exp
Since 1998
Thanks for that. That's what were booked for at newhaven

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Wish it was that simple coming back to U.K., got our PCR’s booked for Thursday evening in Germany, which hopefully I’ll receive in time to enter France on Friday/Saturday depending when the results come through!! This covid malarkey has cost me a fortune😤😤
Wish us luck🤞🤞

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
You are having a joke surely??
Not at all. The media are very quick to speculate on changes to covid rules long before they are published by the Government. You only have to look at the most recent changes to entry and exit rules to see this. There are many other examples of them getting it wrong too.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Gus, the UK Gov website changed again last night at 20:11. For UK residents accompanying EU citizens on travelto Spain, the 'recent recovery from COVID' remains valid

Steve
If travelling directly in to spain by sea or air this is what the spanish gov.es site states.

ATTENTION !!!, if you travel to Spain under point k) of the section "Entry requirements for entry in Spain from third countries, you can only do so if you have a certificate of being fully vaccinated with an EMA/OMS authorized vaccine, and the last dose was administered more than 14 days ago.For persons resident in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland coming directly from this country, in addition to the vaccination certificate, diagnostic certificates of NAAT tests (nucleic acid amplification tests, e.g.: RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA, HAD, NEAR, CRISPR, SDA.....) will also be considered valid.

It doesn't matter who you are travelling with. If travelling in from France by road it appears far easier to comply with due to it being another eu state. Having said that much would depend on whether they wanted you to be out of the UK for a specific period before entering spain?.

https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spth.htm

Aug 18, 2018
Funster No
We have booked Antigen tests at Asda Ashford Drive through, via Eurofin for Wednesday.
Results in 15 mins or 3 hours depending on the price you pay.
Tunnel booked for Thursday so hope we pass.
Do you have a link for the booking page, you can share? I don't seem to be able to find one either via ASDA or Eurofin?

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
If travelling directly in to spain by sea or air this is what the spanish gov.es site states.

ATTENTION !!!, if you travel to Spain under point k) of the section "Entry requirements for entry in Spain from third countries, you can only do so if you have a certificate of being fully vaccinated with an EMA/OMS authorized vaccine, and the last dose was administered more than 14 days ago.For persons resident in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland coming directly from this country, in addition to the vaccination certificate, diagnostic certificates of NAAT tests (nucleic acid amplification tests, e.g.: RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA, HAD, NEAR, CRISPR, SDA.....) will also be considered valid.

It doesn't matter who you are travelling with. If travelling in from France by road it appears far easier to comply with due to it being another eu state. Having said that much would depend on whether they wanted you to be out of the UK for a specific period before entering spain?.

https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spth.htm
That's not what I was referring to, Gus. The UK Gov website makes specific reference to EU citizens and their family members being admitted with a 'recovery from COVID' certificate. Your quote refers to Third Countries, who, by definition, are not EU Members

Steve

Jun 18, 2018
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600sl
Exp
since 2019
this from the french embassy website

Prior to departure, people authorized to enter France from the UK will have to present to the transport company (depending on their situation):

For fully vaccinated people:

• Travellers (12 years old or more) have to provide the result of a negative PCR or antigen test (in paper or digital format) carried out less than 48h hours prior to departure.
  • A sworn statement certifying the absence of COVID-19 symptoms and of any contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to their crossing.
  • Proof of vaccination
If you are travelling with a printed PDF proof of vaccination status, it must date from 1 November to ensure that the certificate can be scanned successfully. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.

Valid only on condition that it shows a full course of vaccination, i.e.:

• 1 week after the 2nd dose for double-dose vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca);
  • 28 days after the dose for single-dose vaccines (Johnson & Johnson);
  • 1 week after the dose for vaccines for people who have previously had COVID-19 (only 1 dose necessary).
France recognizes the AZ-Covishield vaccine, so it is possible to travel to France with this type of vaccine if you are fully vaccinated.

People vaccinated in the UK can import their NHS QR code into the TousAntiCovid app. You can also present a digital or paper NHS certificate showing your full vaccine status.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
That's not what I was referring to, Gus. The UK Gov website makes specific reference to EU citizens and their family members being admitted with a 'recovery from COVID' certificate. Your quote refers to Third Countries, who, by definition, are not EU Members

Steve
Yes that is quite correct along with permanent residents.they cannot discriminate against other eu member citizens from schengen states.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Yes that is quite correct along with permanent residents.they cannot discriminate against other eu member citizens from schengen states.
But it is quite bizarre, Gus, especially because of the 'and Family Members' [even if they are, as individuals, Third Country nationals]. COVID doesn't discriminate between targets based on their citizenship, so, even though I stand to benefit from the 'EU citizens and Family Members' ability to show a certificate of recovery from COVID at the Border, I as an individual at the same place, at the same time, on the same date, with the same health conditions, would be denied this option!

I shall celebrate this small advantage ...

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back