France may soon go green. (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
The plus means quarantine, they made it up as they couldn’t make it red , so if they put it back to amber no quarantine
My take on it is they really wanted to put France on the red list, but the logistics of it don't work with the cross-channel traffic. The hotel quarantine system only really works at airports because there are a large number of hotel rooms on site that can be used for the incoming passengers (most of whom won't have vehicles either). I just don't see how they could implement a similar system for the ferry ports and tunnel.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it goes back to normal amber by the time we travel home (effectively there's no difference between amber and green if you're vaccinated)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I think Gisaid release figures for Beta on a weekly basis with France on 13th July at 2.7 which is high in comparison to rest of Europe.

The good news is they were on 12 point something a month earlier.

It appears to me they are NOT counting Reunion Island within the French figures contrary to many press reports (some of which I have repeated on here)

1627117833209.png

I hate to say this but it would appear from finding this website that HMG did have a reason (which I didnt believe at the time) to put France onto Amber +

I ll keep an eye on this site to see if, as and when and what direction Beta in France is moving with HMG then having a decision to make about returning them to Amber, however what point that is could be anyone's guess

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Basically no. They state that they are "unable to read the QR code or add foreign details to the nhs app" Funny that my daughter in the UK can read the spanish QR eU health certificate code & my wife has added her spanish vaccinations to her uK medical app?
What’s this amber plus? Is it another made up by the press level as I’ve looked and cannot find anything on any official site re the plus bit?
Yes. They suddenly decided that they didn't want vaccinated people coming back without quarantine so they put france back on amber but needing quarantine , People started to call it shades of amber , amber +, slightly more amber, not red, etc; etc; it's all *****cks & made up nonsense.They couldn't put France or most other EU countries in red as you can only enter the UK froma red country ,supposedly ,by air.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
From today’s Telegraph:-

Quarantine-free travel to France could return as beta variant cases fall​

Decision to give country ‘amber plus’ status last week required even double-jabbed travellers to quarantine on return to UK

ByCharles Hymas, HOME AFFAIRS EDITOR23 July 2021 • 8:00pm

France has seen a recent drop in its beta variant case numbers
Holidaymakers to France could avoid quarantine on their return after the Government said it wanted to put the country back on the amber list amid a fall in beta variant cases.
George Eustice, the Environment Secretary, signalled the potential U-turn on Friday after the shock decision to put France on an "amber plus" list last week. That move required even double-jabbed travellers to quarantine on their return to the UK.
However, since that decision the proportion of beta variant cases has fallen by two thirds, from nine per cent of all cases to three per cent, according to data from scientific tracking centre Gisaid.
Speaking to LBC on Friday, Mr Eustice said France had been put on the "amber plus" list because of concerns about the beta variant and "the fact that the vaccine might be slightly less effective against that".
But he added: "As those rates come down, obviously the evidence will change and it can be reviewed and we'll want to be putting countries like France back onto the amber list in the normal way."

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I think Gisaid release figures for Beta on a weekly basis with France on 13th July at 2.7 which is high in comparison to rest of Europe.

The good news is they were on 12 point something a month earlier.

It appears to me they are NOT counting Reunion Island within the French figures contrary to many press reports (some of which I have repeated on here)

View attachment 519436
I hate to say this but it would appear from finding this website that HMG did have a reason (which I didnt believe at the time) to put France onto Amber +

I ll keep an eye on this site to see if, as and when and what direction Beta in France is moving with HMG then having a decision to make about returning them to Amber, however what point that is could anyone's guess
Thought most of Frances Beta cases were in Reunion and another overseas territory..Bit like us including The Falklands in our figures.BUSBY.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Thought most of Frances Beta cases were in Reunion and another overseas territory..Bit like us including The Falklands in our figures.BUSBY.
I thought the same however Reunion have figures as well as France within the Gisaid numbers so can only presume for Gisaid Reunion figures dont count within the french ones

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Ah, but, Falkland begins with F so surely their figures should be included in france’s figures 😂😂🇫🇷.

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
Beta cases in France have dropped to just 0.8% of all cases
It’s not an excuse anymore

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
So sad , almost empty ferry today from St Malo, 2 lorries our Motorhome 1 camper van 1 van and approx 15 cars. Staff very worried, not even the heavy goods carrying food are travelling they told us

Attachments

• 09E488EA-14C2-4449-9B24-FF3CD976B583.jpeg
    09E488EA-14C2-4449-9B24-FF3CD976B583.jpeg
    510.3 KB · Views: 38

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Am I reading correctly rules have changed again and masks are now compulsory in parts of brittany and morbihan. Only booked the ferry yesterday.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Am I reading correctly rules have changed again and masks are now compulsory in parts of brittany and morbihan. Only booked the ferry yesterday.
Where is that info from?
Returned from Brittany yesterday and it’s the standard masks inside till you sit down, and whilst in supermarket rules. The only time we had different was signs requesting them in busy areas such as whist the town market was on, but then in only in busy towns.

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
That’s hopeful. Once they have the money they like to keep it :cry:
24 hour cooling off refund is the law and confirmed in their booking conditions website.
This story is on several different websites and the rule has allegedly been introduced in the last couple of days in Morbihan and a lot of Brittany, if it is just a story then happy days I can re book. Thought it sensible to cancel within the 24 hours just in case!

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
24 hour cooling off refund is the law and confirmed in their booking conditions website.
This story is on several different websites and the rule has allegedly been introduced in the last couple of days in Morbihan and a lot of Brittany, if it is just a story then happy days I can re book. Thought it sensible to cancel within the 24 hours just in case!
To be honest we cancelled yesterday. 2 years running now and well annoyed but just finding the whole thing takes away from the enjoyment. Will they do this or that tests etc.

Just planning a tour of Northumberland with Dumfries and Galloway. Not quite Bordeaux and the Gironde but looking forward as we'll have the full 90 days next year:dance2:

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
From Sunday - friend of ours is returning tonight - wonder if they will have to do full quarantine or if from Sunday they are 'cured'?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back