France may soon go green. (1 Viewer)

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
Am I reading it right that France are changing its rules that if you are double jabbed you will no longer be required to have an antigen or pcr test on entry to France?
Yes, correct

Travellers who are fully vaccinated do not need an essential reason to travel to France and do not need to self-isolate on arrival. From 18 July, fully vaccinated adults no longer need to present evidence of a negative test result before travel. Fully vaccinated travellers will need to present the following documents:

• a completed ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight. This can be found on the French government’s website
  • proof of vaccination status

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Am I reading it right that France are changing its rules that if you are double jabbed you will no longer be required to have an antigen or pcr test on entry to France?
Yes. See this link from Eurotunnel which spells out exactly what you need. If doubly vaccinated, no need for antigen or pcr test.

Reactions: SOS

Gill and steve

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer 676 starline
Exp
New this year 2020
Yes, correct

Travellers who are fully vaccinated do not need an essential reason to travel to France and do not need to self-isolate on arrival. From 18 July, fully vaccinated adults no longer need to present evidence of a negative test result before travel. Fully vaccinated travellers will need to present the following documents:

• a completed ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight. This can be found on the French government’s website
  • proof of vaccination status
Typical we had just booked our PCR test a day before they changed the rules. Can only get a voucher not a full refund ☹️

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Update
UK France embassy said UK covid vaccination cert / NHS app is acceptable instead of the France tousAntiCovid app

So we are back on …
You can now upload your NHS vaccine record to the French tousAntiCovid app - just email your NHS vaccine pass to yourself, view it on another screen and then scan the QR code with the AntiCovid app et voilà you have your pass sanitaire (y)
Whilst the NHS app may be an acceptable alternative, I worry that it relies on staff recognising it and knowing the rules. And given that there are likely to be fewer Brits travelling this year they may not immediately recognise it - so having the French app may just make things a bit easier.

Also, the pass sanitaire is will be required on check in at some campsites - I think ones with bars, restaurants and pools.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Best of luck to all those of you who are going.
We aren't this year. Too many chances of some invented reason by Boris, Macron or Von Der Leyen to make life difficult for Brits.

Already got confirmed bookings in Normandy in April 2022 and Tri Venezie and the Tirol for August 2022!

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
You can now upload your NHS vaccine record to the French tousAntiCovid app - just email your NHS vaccine pass to yourself, view it on another screen and then scan the QR code with the AntiCovid app et voilà you have your pass sanitaire (y)
Whilst the NHS app may be an acceptable alternative, I worry that it relies on staff recognising it and knowing the rules. And given that there are likely to be fewer Brits travelling this year they may not immediately recognise it - so having the French app may just make things a bit easier.

Also, the pass sanitaire is will be required on check in at some campsites - I think ones with bars, restaurants and pools.
Please can I ask? Does the QR code show both jabs as mine seems only to refer to the first jab and how do you Email it as I cannot see a link to do this and security prevents me doing a screen shot

TIA

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Please can I ask? Does the QR code show both jabs as mine seems only to refer to the first jab and how do you Email it as I cannot see a link to do this and security prevents me doing a screen shot

TIA
I can’t work it out either as I seem to have a qr code for each jab and it doesn’t seem to work on the touscovid app

Last edited:

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We've today cancelled our ferry for the end of August. P & O were excellent and have rebooked us for next April. The campsite in Spain, we had booked, will carry our booking across to next year and to contact them again in October. Everyone was extremely helpful.

Gill and steve

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer 676 starline
Exp
New this year 2020
for Those who don’t know You can get a hard copy of your Covid vaccination status if you ring 119 you will need your nhs number and postcode. I did this and it came within a couple of days so will have this as well as the nhs app for back up

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
I can’t work it out either as I seem to have a qr code for each jab and it doesn’t seem to work on the touscovid app
Sorted now. Once you have the app you just click through until you see the wallet and add them in there.

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
for Those who don’t know You can get a hard copy of your Covid vaccination status if you ring 119 you will need your nhs number and postcode. I did this and it came within a couple of days so will have this as well as the nhs app for back up
The QR Code appears to have an expiry date which is one month after you apply for it. If staying abroad for longer I assume that you would need to renew it/reprint it

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
The QR Code appears to have an expiry date which is one month after you apply for it. If staying abroad for longer I assume that you would need to renew it/reprint it

We had to show a paper or electronic copy at the gates to Silverstone last week. I printed mine out from the app. (you get it to send you a pdf).

You were supposed to back it up with photo id but they never asked for it. All they were bothered by was seeing the expiry date. It could have been any random piece of paper in any name! :rolleyes:

Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
If you have the NHS app you can just go on there and get the 30 day updated.

I did my 1st in July and had an email sent showing the info which expired on 9th Aug.
I have just gone nack on and applied for my Covid status proof and it now shows as being valid until 22nd August on both the app and subsequent email

It actually says on the app that, to get a new one( with a 'new' 30 day validity) you just log back in.

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
On the certificate you get from the nhs there doesn’t seem to be a qr code. I’ve gone belts and braces with certificate hard copy from nhs, nhs app which you have to refresh the certificate every 30 days and now the tousanticovid app for France 🙈

Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +

I have just downloaded the French app and am having trouble actually getting my NHS certificate scanned to the app and it repeatedly says 'wrong format'.

I am scanning from my laptop screen and focusing on the QR code. Does it need to be the full page scanned or just the code? Neither seem to be working for me ATM

Jun 4, 2010
Funster No
Yep I did this but did it online ,and if I can, anyone can

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
I have just downloaded the French app and am having trouble actually getting my NHS certificate scanned to the app and it repeatedly says 'wrong format'.

I am scanning from my laptop screen and focusing on the QR code. Does it need to be the full page scanned or just the code? Neither seem to be working for me ATM
I did it from my laptop screen and i scanned both codes not the full page. Are you in the wallet part of the French app?

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
What I did......

In the NHS app:
- I chose the "Travel" version of the NHS Covid Pass
- Down at the bottom there's a link "Receive an offline copy by email"

Checked my mail on my laptop - followed the link to the Covid pass and loaded it up on the screen (there should be 2 QR codes...one for each jab).

In the French Covid app:
- Navigate to the "Health Pass" section, and "Open my wallet"
- Click the button "Add a certificate" and scan the one of the NHS QR codes
- Repeat the "Add a certificate" and scan the other NHS QR code

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016

Are you using the domestic or travel version of the QR code in the NHS app? I used the travel version and it worked fine.

Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
What I did......

In the NHS app:
- I chose the "Travel" version of the NHS Covid Pass
- Down at the bottom there's a link "Receive an offline copy by email"

Checked my mail on my laptop - followed the link to the Covid pass and loaded it up on the screen (there should be 2 QR codes...one for each jab).

In the French Covid app:
- Navigate to the "Health Pass" section, and "Open my wallet"
- Click the button "Add a certificate" and scan the one of the NHS QR codes
- Repeat the "Add a certificate" and scan the other NHS QR code
Did exactly that before, using the Travel version, as before,and just done it again and it worked 1st time.
Thanks for your help

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Is France changing from amber plus please, I am waiting to book a ferry x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun