Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
The French have a history of not wanting vaccinations. Macron has been clever in bringing in these rules. I’m sure there will be a massive uptake in vaccination after this. Just need him to recognise our double vaccinations and allow quarantine and test free travel.

Last edited:

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
From what I see on French connexion they are still doing over 700k vaccinations per day
Its getting below 150k in the uk

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Sorry! Macron and smart dont go together.
If he hadnt undermined AZ at the beginning, There wouldnt be as many reluctant to have a jab now.
The French are notoriously reluctant to have vaccines, good reason to when you look at their recent history.

I agree with you about he shouldn't have trashed AZ and you do have to wonder about his motives?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
The French are notoriously reluctant to have vaccines, good reason to when you look at their recent history.

I agree with you about he shouldn't have trashed AZ and you do have to wonder about his motives?
The French reluctance seemed to be a well known fact to the people and the Government, so more reason to be careful with your words and actions.👍
Im convinced AZ wouldnt of been treated as they were if it was a French company.

Our vaccinations have slowed down because we have reached our glass ceiling. 87.9% Adults have had one vaccination which is fantastic and a credit to all involved and the British public.It will be a slow struggle now to get that to 100%.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
17,000 bookings pretty much immediately !

Also border controls tightened but no detail given
This morning they are reporting 20,000 bookings per minute !!!!!!

"We recorded 20,000 appointments per minute, an absolute record since the start of the campaign, and it's continued during the night and into this morning," boss Stanislas Niox-Chateau told BFMTV.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
So Macron announced all touristy attractions ( cinemas , museums, theme parks etc ) that potentially from 21st July you need the France covid app to get in …. I’ve not see any mention for tourists of what happens as yet ….

This scuppers our plans if true as tried downloading it but it does not recognise NHS vaccination barcodes.
Daniel.
It also applies to all French nationals working or resident abroad. They are having trouble going home for the summer vacations.https://www.france24.com/en/europe/...ed-abroad-face-headache-of-summer-travel-home

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
This morning they are reporting 20,000 bookings per minute !!!!!!

"We recorded 20,000 appointments per minute, an absolute record since the start of the campaign, and it's continued during the night and into this morning," boss Stanislas Niox-Chateau told BFMTV.
Thats impressive. That will be over 28 million bookings by the end of the day! 🤔

Jul 11, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Concorde Compact
Exp
Since I was 18.... 1996....
Well let’s see how it pans out.
I have a week. Leave on the 23rd.

But researching so far is that events , museum etc will accept a printed proof of vaccination in English …. But who knows / who has tried.

Jul 11, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Concorde Compact
Exp
Since I was 18.... 1996....
Update
UK France embassy said UK covid vaccination cert / NHS app is acceptable instead of the France tousAntiCovid app

So we are back on …

Gill and steve

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer 676 starline
Exp
New this year 2020
I'm struggling to see what difference it makes to double jabbed whether a country is amber or green, am I missing something?
You don’t need a PCR test or antigen test to enter f the country is green just evidence of double jab i think

Gill and steve

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer 676 starline
Exp
New this year 2020
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Its France im going to be coming back from which has been tipped for our government to reclassify from amber to green, but I can't see any difference for double jabbed in either classification.
When you find out let us know, when are you returning to Uk

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Its France im going to be coming back from which has been tipped for our government to reclassify from amber to green, but I can't see any difference for double jabbed in either classification.
If double jabbed & you are UK resident then it is French lick & spit to get in Uk + a day 2 test & no quarantine.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
If double jabbed & you are UK resident then it is French lick & spit to get in Uk + a day 2 test & no quarantine.
I know that is the case now, my question is how is it any different if the randomometer decides that France should now be green? Cos I can't see any.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
I know that is the case now, my question is how is it any different if the randomometer decides that France should now be green? Cos I can't see any.
Yes amber & green there is no differnce now to double jabbed uk residents.
So just announced that knob jockey schapps the Hancock clone has NOT added either France or Germany to green list😡
I'm hardly surprised. nothing to do with figures.
I see they have also put Ibiza & Mallorca back to 'amber' after 2 weeks .Amazed they even went green before when the spanish peninslar was trying to stop the returnee school parties which has now escalated this daily increase in cases.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
I see the cops have been using tear gas on the demonstrators in Paris and Lyon and that there have been smaller demonstrations all over France.

P Jones

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Retford
Funster No
MH
ci carioca 694
Exp
Well they’ll be plenty of pitches spare on the CaMC sites now:whistle2::rofl::rofl::rofl:
no thanks id soon-er be in france or better still in a 3c site. we all like our own space. oh and keep your distance.remember happy days.ok.pj staysafe

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
And another thread says that France may soon go "Red". The only thing I know for sure is that the virus is still out there, that it can and does still cause serious harm (even to the double vaccinated - I personally know of a case of someone seriously ill despite having the vaccine) and that it will continue to mutate - only faster the more cases there are. So what's the answer? The government has given up on the lockdown approach (they never were fans and it always was a case of too little too late) and left it up to us. Hands, face, space remains the order of the day for me and mine - I would consider going to France but would avoid major areas of population just as I try to avoid being in large crowds here in the UK. Everyone for themselves and farewell the NHS.

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Am I reading it right that France are changing its rules that if you are double jabbed you will no longer be required to have an antigen or pcr test on entry to France?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back