Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
From today’s Telegraph…………

France set to ease restrictions for UK holidaymakers​

France could soon ease rules for British travellers entering the country, the French transport minister has said.
France has progressively lifted restrictions after months of lockdowns as vaccination speeds up, despite a rise in cases fuelled by the more aggressive delta variant in recent days.
“With the vaccination campaign advancing well in both France and UK there could be a coordinated decision soon to lift the UK from the orange list,” Jean-Baptiste Djebbari told the BBC during a visit to Toulouse, in south-west France, on Thursday.
“We are looking at the evolution of the health situation and want to make a decision as quickly as we can,” he added, ahead of a planned meeting with his British counterpart Grant Shapps.
Currently, Britain is on France’s orange list, and France is on Britain’s amber list. For all travellers, this means a negative PCR test less than 72 hours old or a negative antigen test of less than 48 hours old is required to travel.
Additionally, unvaccinated travellers need an “urgent” reason to visit France and must self-isolate for seven days.
An upgrade to the green list would allow fully vaccinated Britons to enter France with only a jab certificate, with no reasons, tests or quarantine needed.
Anna Pujol-Mazzini in Paris

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
The latest information from the French government Here .
That’s not quite so positive but probably the same as is happening in the U.K.
I note that most of the spread in France is in metropolitan areas such as Paris, just the sort of places most of us Funsters keep well away from.
Just keep everything crossed that we can get back to France soon. :france:

Richard.

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
This would be great it would mean my son who is 21 could come on holiday to France on the 31st July with us.
However, I'm not going to hold my breath because I don't think it will happen.
Without coming across as being (too political) Grant Schapps is a Hancock clone and he will continue to put in place so many hurdles to stop us from getting away on holiday this year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
I see that both France and Spain are no longer on the FCDO list of countries where essential travel only is advised, that is good news for getting travel insurance

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Why wold France be easing restrictions for Brits whilst warning off there own citizens from travel to Spain & Portugal on holiday ?
Suppose they want the tourists,,bit like the UKs stay at home policy.BUSBY.

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
see that both France and Spain are no longer on the FCDO list of countries where essential travel only is advised, that is good news for getting travel insurance
There was absolutely no problem getting travel insurance before we travelled at the end of June. Lots of companies quoted us relatively normal priced quotes, with a small (£9) supplement for travelling against the prevailing FCDO advice.

We've been here (France) two weeks now. The weather is great, the locals are very welcoming, and the aires are fairly quiet and our average cost per night for stopover so far is £ 2.90
IMG_20210709_182308.jpg

Last couple of nights here, completely free. What's not to like??

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Why wold France be easing restrictions for Brits whilst warning off there own citizens from travel to Spain & Portugal on holiday ?
Dosent seem to make sense does it? But its double jabbed Brits allowed into France, can Spaniards travel to France and vice versa not being jabbed?
Freedom of travel in Schengen area?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Probably because we’re so far along the road of vaccinations. Further than most others.
True but the spain&Portugal reason is to prevent ingress of Indian variant which is what any one from the UK would likely be carrying, jabbed or not. You only have to see Itsmcb sitation, double vaccinated & confined to a shed for quarantine.
Dosent seem to make sense does it? But its double jabbed Brits allowed into France, can Spaniards travel to France and vice versa not being jabbed?
Freedom of travel in Schengen area?
Yes no travel restrictions.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
True but the spain&Portugal reason is to prevent ingress of Indian variant which is what any one from the UK would likely be carrying, jabbed or not. You only have to see Itsmcb sitation, double vaccinated & confined to a shed for quarantine.

Yes no travel restrictions.
Aye that’s one out of over 50,000,000 double jabbed. I’d say that’s pretty impressive vaccination. The best we’ve ever had for any illness in fact.
Some people seem to take great delight in pointing out the vaccine isn’t 100% effective in stopping one contracting the virus. They conveniently forget that it’s the most effective vaccine we have ever produced. Whilst at the same time not seeming to worry that the TB, Polio, MMR, rabies and Myriad others aren’t protecting them 100% either. Strange that.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Thats why then👍 Uk is a 3rd Country, so as with other 3rd countries, we will be a lesser risk, because of double vac and test, then someone from Spain without those
So we're a third country thats happily doing quite a bit better than their inward looking club. I wonder why that is!

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
So we're a third country thats happily doing quite a bit better than their inward looking club. I wonder why that is!
All water under the bridge now! We can all get on and work together to not only make the UK prosperous, but the European Union as well👍

Sorry! Got to go, Ive just seen some fairies at the bottom of the garden🤣🤣

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Pah...now this sounds completely different from what we are told here. Vaccination is going down, executive wants to force people by making it compulsory even for the children We are told that the 4th wave will be in the country by the end of July. We are also told to stay in France, Spain and Portugal are to be avoided.
Do you think they're going to vaccine the gypsies? 🤔🙄🤐😈

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Thats why then👍 Uk is a 3rd Country, so as with other 3rd countries, we will be a lesser risk, because of double vac and test, then someone from Spain without those
But no different to unvaccinated Brits who travel & rely on the same tests & quarantine?
Whilst at the same time not seeming to worry that the TB, Polio, MMR, rabies and Myriad others aren’t protecting them 100% either. Strange that.
Well if welding pipework producing phosgene gas without breathing apparatus, cutting asbestos with skil saw, working in a loft insulated with blue asbestos, working in toxic environments on a daily basis all whilst smoking 40 fags /day hasn't harmed me so far I'm hardly likely to be worrying about the above ofr any of this.I've more chance of contracting Legionairres , via irrigation atomised water than anything else.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Pah...now this sounds completely different from what we are told here. Vaccination is going down, executive wants to force people by making it compulsory even for the children We are told that the 4th wave will be in the country by the end of July. We are also told to stay in France, Spain and Portugal are to be avoided.
Do you think they're going to vaccine the gypsies? 🤔🙄🤐😈
yes I passed an article today which stated that they were proposing making it compulsory for all & any type of health worker to be vaccinated.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Thanks for posting, am I reading this correctly that they're considering shutting the spanish borders?
No, they don't say they 're going to shut the frontier with Spain. Just telling the French to avoid this destination as well as Portugal as the pandemic is going up again. Macron will soon make a speech with new rules for the French.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
I thought you needed to be double jabbed to Enter France/ Germany from Uk? You dont from Spain or vice versea?
I¡ve no idea but with no restrictions at the borders how would they know unless you were stopped somewhere?
I'm double jabbed, have an EU digital certificate, can show info re; jabs on phone so I wouldn't be giving it a thought .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back