Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Not spread the news yet...

But we always get on a ferry and scream on down to Spain or Portugal...

Well this year,,,, around the beginning of September, we are driving up to Dover,,, hopping on a ferry and doing the real France for about a month while the weather is nice..

Few "Aires"... a few Campsites... and seeing as much of the old France as we can... Few days here & A few days there...

Spoken to a couple of Funsters and RVOC members who have said we may be up for that (For the same reasons as I first mentioned above)...

Two of my proper campsites I would like to go to are "Parc Verger" to catch up with Bob & Di and "Twin Lakes" to see Garry and his family.. (Few years since we have been to either sites) and both lovely sites with welcoming Mine Hosts..

That is the only planning we have done at the moment, and not going to do a lot till we set foot in France...

Any body up for it... ?

Suggest about 6 - 8 units to make it do-able, and so we can keep an eye on each other...

Other than a Saturday Ferry and booking the two sites mentioned, it will be a lets go there for a couple of days.... "Any Where"... :thumb:

This will be an only France or possibly Belgium trip, as we are both taking "Toads" on "A" frames...

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983

Well this year,,,, around the beginning of September, we are driving up to Dover,,, hopping on a ferry and doing the real France for about a month while the weather is nice..

Two of my proper campsites I would like to go to are [HI]"Parc Verger"[/HI] to catch up with Bob & Di and "Twin Lakes" to see Garry and his family.. (Few years since we have been to either sites) and both lovely sites with welcoming Mine Hosts..

Any body up for it... ?

Attention Le Munchie... Hi Ken, if you and 4cups wanna spend September in the New Forest just in case I'm fine with that........ :winky:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I met the old goat (Mo) at Wildmans do and found him to be a luvverly man (mind you he was not into the cross dressing then) :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I met the old goat (Mo) at Wildmans do and found him to be a luvverly man (mind you he was not into the [HI]cross dressing[/HI] then) :Eeek:

Well Mo, every day in every way we learn a little more, do we not?

Seriously sounds like a great idea, but I can't be sure I'll be retired by then, I keep hanging on hoping the pension pot will be a little fatter.......

.....I know what you're thinking, I'll be one of the wealthiest corpses in the graveyard.......:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We hope to be going France in sept , don't want to be in convoy but if you give a rough itinerary before you go we would like to meet up somewhere especially parc verger as we were intending to go there last year but we had to come back before we got there:Sad:

D

DM14742

Deleted User
We hope to be going France in sept , don't want to be in convoy but if you give a rough itinerary before you go we would like to meet up somewhere especially parc verger as we were intending to go there last year but we had to come back before we got there:Sad:

What he said. Our plan was to do France in Sept & would love to meet up somewhere on the itinerary :thumb:

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
I think you'll find Mo is always cross when he's dressing but a fag and a coffee soon puts him right ::bigsmile:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
We would definitely be interested Mo. We'd have to see what commitments Kath might have before committing fully. :thumb:

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Well Mo, every day in every way we learn a little more, do we not?

Seriously sounds like a great idea, but I can't be sure I'll be retired by then, I keep hanging on hoping the pension pot will be a little fatter.......

[HI].....I know what you're thinking, I'll be one of the wealthiest corpses in the graveyard.......[/HI]:ROFLMAO:

Hello Popeye

Got a good mate who's a cash multi millionaire. He's always worrying that he hasn't got enough money for his nearing old age...

It's all relative don't you think?

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008

Few "Aires"... a few Campsites... and seeing as much of the old France as we can... Few days here & A few days there...

Spoken to a couple of Funsters and RVOC members who have said we may be up for that (For the same reasons as I first mentioned above)...

Two of my proper campsites I would like to go to are "Parc Verger" to catch up with Bob & Di and "Twin Lakes" to see Garry and his family.. (Few years since we have been to either sites) and both lovely sites with welcoming Mine Hosts..

That is the only planning we have done at the moment, and not going to do a lot till we set foot in France...

Any body up for it... ?

Suggest about 6 - 8 units to make it do-able, and so we can keep an eye on each other...

Other than a Saturday Ferry and booking the two sites mentioned, it will be a lets go there for a couple of days.... "Any Where"... :thumb:

This will be an only France or possibly Belgium trip, as we are both taking "Toads" on "A" frames...

WE may see you Mo, as we are doing central France for a month starting 3 September, including Charente, Limousin, Auvergne and perhaps down as far as Cahors. We will be going to Parc Verger at some stage. Will let you know more when I have done our itinerary! We will be governed a bit by going to see friends - there are 4 lots who live in France. Sailing from Dover, coming back from le Havre. Got the passages for £120 which I thought was very good, but we are only small fry compared with you lot!

Catherine

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We would definitely be interested Mo. We'd have to see what commitments Kath might have before committing fully. :thumb:
Hi Mo,

Like Wyaye wires, we too would definitely be interested, :Smile: but for the same reasons (Rita's commitments), we can't committ fully just yet. :Sad:

Cheers,

Jock (& Rita).

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Hello Popeye

Got a good mate who's a cash multi millionaire. He's always worrying that he hasn't got enough money for his nearing old age...

It's all relative don't you think?

Does he want to adopt me? :Blush:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We've been travelling all over France for the last three years in September. This year, we decided we should change our plans and spend May/June there, so have booked tunnel and everything :Doh:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
We've been travelling all over France for the last three years in September. This year, we decided we should change our plans and spend May/June there, so have booked tunnel and everything :Doh:

Was the weather reasonable the times you were there..?

Will put up a post nearer the time...... Not planning anywhere in particular,,, except Parc Verger and Twin Lakes... And the ferry.... all other places will be a lets go and have a look...

And if others want to hook up.... go on sensus of opinion... and others suggestions... :thumb:

Meet up.... come and go at will.... :thumb:

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years

Ooh ! We too are leaving beginning of Sept for 3 weeks in France. Mainly Brittany and the Loire Valley, however, who knows where we'll end up. Getting a one way ticket as not sure where we'll end up to come home. It's our first time away over the water in what will be our newly finished campervan, therefore, we wldn't really join up to a large group as such, however, will defo keep an eye on where everyone is staying and hopefully bump into people for the odd night :Smile:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi mo ...would love to visit twin lakes again been 7 years since last visit ,not since Sandra left us

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
hey mo would you mined if i came in your convoy around france in september as i am still on my own mervyn

You will be made most welcome, Mervyn.. :thumb:

Just going to be a leisurely drive round..

Stopping off where ever.. :thumb:

Few "Aires" few sites.... bit of doing the leisurely tourist thing... meal out may be... few get togethers over a drink.. :winky:::bigsmile:

Posting each night where we will be and for approx. how long... then people can join and leave when ever they like...

Would never be able to arrange some where to visit to suit ever body so come and go at will.. :thumb:

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
We are hoping to travel around france for about a month in september. Like others , would not want to be in convoy but would love to meet up with fellow funsters. Great idea to post each evening where you are and for how long and people can meet up.:thumb:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Was the weather reasonable the times you were there..?

It wasn't brilliant, infact the year before last we had heavy rain for the first 7 days when we stayed in Normandy, so we headed straight down to St Tropez and for the first three days were driving in the car with the heater on! It did warm up for the second half of the month, so we stayed there as long as we could! We stayed in a lovely campsite with it's own private beach and were able to cycle into St Maxime, St Tropez and Port Grimaud, so that was lovely. The only problem with that area is that there is only one road, and even in September it was a non stop traffic jam, so the bikes came in really handy!

Last year we were determined to stay up north and we did see a lot of Brittany. The weather was ok, but it started to turn cold and overcast again, and the forecast wasn't good, so after a couple of days in La Rochelle we again headed down south and ended up staying a week in the Camargue area. Still not beach weather, but better than we had experienced farther north.

We stayed in some really nice aires, ACSI camps and France Passion sites. I can give you the list if you want.

We are heading to France and Germany in May/June this year, and if the weather isn't good we will head down to Italy.

We are still going away in September, but to discover Wales instead! :Smile:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
:thumb:
Just going to be a leisurely drive round..

Stopping off where ever.. :thumb:

Few "Aires" few sites.... bit of doing the leisurely tourist thing... meal out may be... few get togethers over a drink.. :winky:::bigsmile:

Posting each night where we will be and for approx. how long... then people can join and leave when ever they like...

Would never be able to arrange some where to visit to suit ever body so come and go at will.. :thumb:

Now I'm not saying I'll be there, but all of that sounds like my kind of plan, real laid-back and as the mood and the weather dictates.......nice one Mo.

Impromptu always works best, look at the dinner party or shared barbeque that wasn't organised, every one mucks in and it works better than one that has been planned for months ahead. :thumb:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Sounds like a great idea. Not sure if we will be able to join you as we have so much going on this year, but you never know. If only to join you at Parc Verger, have heard/read so much about it. We would probably dash down there to meet you and then bimble back through France - us poor working youngsters only get a miserable two weeks you know.:Sad:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I'll ask, but last time we met up [HI]I had to buy dinner[/HI]!

I'll remember that when we meet........your shout, I've left my wallet in the van..:Blush:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Sounds like a great idea. Not sure if we will be able to join you as we have so much going on this year, but you never know. If only to join you at Parc Verger, have heard/read so much about it. We would probably dash down there to meet you and then bimble back through France - [HI]us poor working youngsters only get a miserable two weeks[/HI] you know.:Sad:

And if I'm retired by next Sept, I'll be saying,

"Bloody right, that's only as it should be, someone has to earn enough to get me my pension!" :thumb:

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Derek and I would be interested in joining your group. Will keep an eye on this thread. ::bigsmile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We plan to be back in France in Sept (we are there now) but don't do convoys or itineries. If the planned dates are published here we could see if our paths can be made to cross.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Ditto ! We go over on August 4th and will be sited near Montlucon for a week from Saturday 9th and have no return booked or any other plans.

If things go well we would probably have no really pressing need to return before the end-ish of October so anything is possible if we just happen to decide it might be nice at the time! (or we run out of Tetley or Nescafe or Bisto ROFL)

This is actually a change for us, being in one pre-arranged booked and paid for place for a WHOLE week - though we have stayed more than a week at some places we went to on spec - cos we don't usually need to be at any particular place at any particular time and just make it up as we go along anyway! LOL

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back