LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Yes, thanks Val, (there’s a lot of Val’s on here, even Mrs Westy is a Val🤣)
I expected so much, I have 170ltr fresh tank and two 25ltr barrels in the garage, will buy some from the supermarket for drinks etc if I need to. It’s my first time in France in the moho, so I don’t really know what to expect, other than speeding tickets!🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
You will never want to use it in the UK again.
I don’t want to use it in the U.K. now🤷‍♂️
170 Lt easy to survive 8 days providing you don't have showers every day.
You can make it go further by using a spray bottle to flush the loo.
Ah but we usually do🤷‍♂️
Oh we have a spare cassette too😉👍
I’m nearly FLT ready🤣🤣

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
It’s because he might have prise Mr Wallet open👍😂
And I’m trying not to use them as I’m starting my FLT apprenticeship😉😂😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
It's a town Aire so you shouldn't go in after 10 so as not to disterb local residents. But on any Aire it's disrespectful to other Aire users to come in late.

Nothing worse when you are in bed when some pratt pulls in late messes about parking when you are trying to get some kip. Bear in mind the French are often in bed by 10.
If you can't pull I well before 10 you should plan your journey better.
Not any houses near the aire only a garage at the back

Aug 27, 2018
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and B Smove
Exp
Since 2018
How do people get hold of water if the aires close off the supplies please? Is there certain dates when most of them are turned off and back on again?
We are in the Rhone alps at the moment. We have found some water on at aires by checking out recent comments on park 4 night. We have also used garages and have a collapsible 20 lL water carrier to stick under any tap you see en route !

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
What do you do, drink the stuff?
I am amazed how much water we get through. 120 ltr tank. Cups of tea/coffee, washing up, toilet, 2 quick showers a day (one each) and we are lucky if we can make it through 2 days.

P Jones

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Retford
Funster No
MH
ci carioca 694
Exp
Ok, so my plans for German Xmas markets are descending into rats##t, so I've turned my attention to possibly a weeks bumble round France. I have snow chains, I have snow tyres, I KNOW the water may be off on most aires, I KNOW it may be cold, where can I go that’s interesting? I’ve done a bit of France on the Harley (WW1&2 stuff) I’m looking for nice aires in nice villages to spend a day or so and move on. We’re triple jabbed, and not stupid, so if you’re gonna tell me how I should be spending my leave, and don’t travel, don’t bother, keep your covid opinions to yourself.
Should I be sending for my crit air now?😁
sorry 2 fingers come to mind. try peace and love. ok.pj.

Apr 4, 2021
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum GT 185
Exp
August 2020
Thanks guys but I’m thinking (yes dangerous I know) but if the German, markets are closed, those over the border in France will be rammed, so probably scrap the Xmas market idea for this year.
Thinking of heading out Quimper/Brest way out, what’s it like out there for a weeks bumble about? Have you been round here Lenny HB
Brittany is beautiful. Quimper is a lovely town. There may well be a market there. Google it to find out. Fab beaches for a walk if the weather is OK. Concarneau is worth a visit and has a great street market. If my memory is correct it’s on a couple of days a week and there’s the old walled part of the town, which is worth visiting.

Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
Crit Aire stickers. I have had mine for 9 years now, do we need any different ones as we are now out of the EU
Have a lovely time in France by the way

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Crit Aire stickers. I have had mine for 9 years now, do we need any different ones as we are now out of the EU
Have a lovely time in France by the way
Nothing to do with EU; falls under National Government competence, and France allows each Region/Department to decide its Clean Air Regs. IIRC, once one city in a Department declares a 'Pollution Breach'[not a technical term], then the entire Department is caught by the Pollution Regs, and driving without a Vignette becomes difficult ...

Steve

Jan 15, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
1 year
Ok, so my plans for German Xmas markets are descending into rats##t, so I've turned my attention to possibly a weeks bumble round France. I have snow chains, I have snow tyres, I KNOW the water may be off on most aires, I KNOW it may be cold, where can I go that’s interesting? I’ve done a bit of France on the Harley (WW1&2 stuff) I’m looking for nice aires in nice villages to spend a day or so and move on. We’re triple jabbed, and not stupid, so if you’re gonna tell me how I should be spending my leave, and don’t travel, don’t bother, keep your covid opinions to yourself.
Should I be sending for my crit air now?😁
Why would anyone want to go across the channel when half of the EU is in lockdown
With covid

Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
ow do people get hold of water if the aires close off the supplies please? Is there certain dates when most of them are turned off and back on again?
We ski for 2-3 months each year and almost no aires have water. Some of the heated bornes do. We've never had any trouble finding water though. Garages, bars cafes etc. will often let you fill jerry cans, and many villages have potable water fountains or the like, which tend to run a bit later into the winter than the aire supplies. And you can always buy water at the supermarkets. Just make sure you've a suitable pipe/funnel to get it into your tank, if you choose to fill your onboard tank (many people don't, they just use water from the jerry cans.

Jan 15, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
1 year
Which 1/2 of EU is this? I can't find information on any lockdowns, but some countries are reinforcing/reintroducing the COVID protection measures as infection numbers increase

Steve
Total deaths across Europe from Covid-19 are likely to exceed 2 million by March next year, the World Health Organization (WHO) has said, adding that the pandemic had become the number one cause of death in the region.

Reported deaths have risen to nearly 4,200 a day, double the number being recorded in September, the agency said,

I’ll remove the word lockdown
Replace it with number one cause death in Europe

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back