France by Eurotunnel August 2012, £61 each way! (1 Viewer)

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I have just booked my months holiday in France for next year and got a great price of £61 each way on the Eurotunnel, a lot cheaper than this year (excluding the cock up).

Having come back on the Ferry this year it certainly makes you appreciate the tunnel, the extra time and the massive lorry queue when disembarking from the ship plus the additional mileage to drive from Folkestone to Dover made it an easy decision :thumb:

The ferry across the this morning was great as it was like a mill pond, don't get me wrong, but the efficiency of the train which we have used for the last 5yrs makes it all effortless, 30mins, just enough time for a pee, a sandwich and a cup of tea :winky:

Feb 11, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
bought first motorhome 30 yrs ago
France by Eurotunnel August 2012,£61 each way!

Hi totally agree and it saves him indoors a fortune on "Lets just have a look in the duty free" or a coffee and a sarnie on board and if you shop at Tesco cut the cost by two thirds we use the ferry for our winter in Spain but the tunnel is tops for anywhere else tc:thumb:

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I had a look in the duty free but in truth it didn't look that much cheaper than the supermarket offers. A case of 24 x 500ml Fosters was £11 something if you drink it, but who in their right mind is going to buy a couple of crates and lug it down loads of flights of stairs to the lorry deck and then zig zag through lorries with a few inches around them all sides, not me anyway ::bigsmile:

The whisky, Gin and Vodka was all about £15 - £17 a ltr, some wines were reasonable, you could get box's of 3ltr x 3 for £27 and save £36 but again I couldn't be bothered to stock it all and carry it. Anyway it passed the time having a look around, I don't smoke so cannot comment on cigarettes or tobacco although I saw the little skinny Castella cigars worked out at about 50p each, a lot for a couple of puffs ::bigsmile:

Sandwiches were all about £3.50 or so, we had a flask of coffee so saved on that although we looked like travelers with our picnic out on a table in the corner :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back