LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
If they allow EU citizens to enter and not quarantine i doubt that would exclude French or people travelling through France so hopefully it will apply to UK citizens too so no need to quarantine ourselves :giggle:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If they allow EU citizens to enter and not quarantine i doubt that would exclude French or people travelling through France so hopefully it will apply to UK citizens too so no need to quarantine ourselves :giggle:

But it will only apply to amber. France is not amber but shades of amber, amber + , not completly reddish. so until they become amber quarantine will still apply for all.
Does this work if France is still Amber plus ?
No.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
But it will only apply to amber. France is not amber but shades of amber, amber + , not completly reddish. so until they become amber quarantine will still apply for all.

No.
Won’t be heading over any time soon then :-( And grandkids can’t come this way as not vaccinated :-(

Jan 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
DBM 7150
Exp
Since 2016
Won’t be heading over any time soon then :-( And grandkids can’t come this way as not vaccinated :-(
Looking but have not seen anything definitive either way.. They'll be quite a rush if the go ahead is given knowing that within days it'll change again :LOL: :LOL:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I've no firm evidence, but everything I read suggests France will shortly come off the amber+ list. Meaning no quarantine for travellers (Brits or European) returning or coming to UK from there.

I suspect there might be an announcement next Thursday, or possibly sooner. :unsure:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Looking but have not seen anything definitive either way.. They'll be quite a rush if the go ahead is given knowing that within days it'll change again :LOL: :LOL:
Indeed . So miss family 2 years since I have seen grandkids ( they flew here ) soon be 3 years since we have seen our son as not been in the UK for that time as didn’t want to leave here till the Withdrawal Agreement signed and our residence was secure ( see I didn’t say the B word ) . 2 years since I saw my Aussie daughter.
Holidays doesn’t interest me but family does

Jan 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
DBM 7150
Exp
Since 2016
Indeed . So miss family 2 years since I have seen grandkids ( they flew here ) soon be 3 years since we have seen our son as not been in the UK for that time as didn’t want to leave here till the Withdrawal Agreement signed and our residence was secure ( see I didn’t say the B word ) . 2 years since I saw my Aussie daughter.
Holidays doesn’t interest me but family does
I've just missed my mother's 90th, so now we'll be in discussions between ourselves and my sister to decide what is a politically correct length of visit. I know after a short while we'll just be a nuisance because we'll break up her routine and she'll be agitated because there will be a big van on her drive.;);) Never mind the 2 dogs.... if you see anything definitive shout and then we'll race you to the tunnel(y)

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Not bothered either way off over at the end of August. Both vaccinated if we've to quarantine so be it bonus if we don't have to.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I've just missed my mother's 90th, so now we'll be in discussions between ourselves and my sister to decide what is a politically correct length of visit. I know after a short while we'll just be a nuisance because we'll break up her routine and she'll be agitated because there will be a big van on her drive.;);) Never mind the 2 dogs.... if you see anything definitive shout and then we'll race you to the tunnel(y)
Will do but we go Cherbourg- Poole as heading to Plymouth and don’t do UK traffic lol Ferry to Plymouth Plymouth to Ferry is enough for us ! Also 1 week sufficient . Son pharmacist and working plus they have two ice cream shops on the Barbican which is open every day so not not much time to be together ! Grandkids is better which is why we enjoy them here , kids are desperate to come but not looking good . Test costs for a week is a bit steep !

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
"Tougher rules will continue to be in place for France, which is on the amber list but still requires travellers to quarantine when they return, even if they are fully vaccinated.
Mr Shapps said this advice would reviewed at "the end of next week" as part of the rolling assessment of travel rules."

8 minutes old

OP
OP
MichaelT

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
"Tougher rules will continue to be in place for France, which is on the amber list but still requires travellers to quarantine when they return, even if they are fully vaccinated.
Mr Shapps said this advice would reviewed at "the end of next week" as part of the rolling assessment of travel rules."

8 minutes old
Lets hope as currently anyone could only come over by plane but I guess they have more control over Airlines than ferry operators or ET.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp

8 minutes old
The U.S. is really just smoke & mirrors as the U:S. gov. advice tells there citizens not to travel to the UK & UK visitors are persona no grata for entering the US at the moment. If France comes off the amber + list next week I wouldn't be surprised to see spain & Greece go on?

Jan 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
DBM 7150
Exp
Since 2016
Will do but we go Cherbourg- Poole as heading to Plymouth and don’t do UK traffic lol Ferry to Plymouth Plymouth to Ferry is enough for us ! Also 1 week sufficient . Son pharmacist and working plus they have two ice cream shops on the Barbican which is open every day so not not much time to be together ! Grandkids is better which is why we enjoy them here , kids are desperate to come but not looking good . Test costs for a week is a bit steep !

The Guardian is saying this relaxation excludes France and therefore pretty much excludes all arrivals by ferry/chunnel into England.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
The Guardian is saying this relaxation excludes France and therefore pretty much excludes all arrivals by ferry/chunnel into England.
It does whilst they are on the shades of amber list

Deleted User
If and when we are able to return without quarantine from either France or Spain what type of test will be needed, pcr or antigen?

Jan 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
DBM 7150
Exp
Since 2016
It does whilst they are on the shades of amber list

There was hope that this announcement may have removed France from the Amber + list on the QT, saving the embarrassment to the govt. of having to announce it separately..

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
There was hope that this announcement may have removed France from the Amber + list on the QT, saving the embarrassment to the govt. of having to announce it separately..
God knows what they are playing at ! I really can’t see any logic to it but what do I know . Nothing it would say except common sense !

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
They are reviewing it at the end of next week ,apparently?
If and when we are able to return without quarantine from either France or Spain what type of test will be needed, pcr or antigen?
lft + you have to book a day 2 test only which is pcr

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
all I know is when I look at the similar threads thing below it makes me really laugh.

France may go green
France to go on red list
France and spain on the UK green list by end of June.

Lets face it, we aint got a scooby doo, the reason for this is that the government doesn't either. It's politics all politics.

I'm coming back although not touching French soil on the 16th August. prepared to quarantine and pay the price.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back