France and Spain on the UK Green list by the end of June (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
The Spanish Government are trying to place 'Toll Booths' on ALL AUTOROUTES !! Meaning charges for their use will possibly mean that lesser roads and routes could get more congested !! from change.org
Any info 'Gus '??
They have been removing them for the last few years,,BUSBY.

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, that's what I was thinking. The Spanish authorities have indeed been removing autovia tolls and toll booths in recent years. :unsure:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Personally I think this lemming like behavior to get in to Europe at the first possible moment ridiculous and selfish
Why not sit back a few months and see what happens when the Europeans start moving around
Why give up our island protection
Just remember we are one vaccination beating mutation away from being back in lock down

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
As much as we love European travel we have written it off for this year, too many ifs and butts. What’s wrong with Blighty anyway ? He says enjoying a cold wet and windy May bank holiday dreaming of a warm Spanish beach.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Personally I think this lemming like behavior to get in to Europe at the first possible moment ridiculous and selfish
Why not sit back a few months and see what happens when the Europeans start moving around
Just remember we are one vaccination beating mutation away from being back in lock down
I don’t see “lemming behaviour” I see more people being very cautious and watching and waiting. On the other hand, I think you are being overly pessimistic.

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Looks like Spanish tolls might come back
Interesting article concerning Spain's proposals for road pricing.

The indicative charges are 3 cents per km for light vehicles and 14 cents per km for heavy ones! Sounds as though this could be particularly expensive for larger MHs over 3,500kg? :unsure:

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
People have different reasons for wanting to go to Europe, I need to go to Spain early June, not for a holiday, but to get my apartment ready to rent out over the summer months.

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
People have different reasons for wanting to go to Europe, I need to go to Spain early June, not for a holiday, but to get my apartment ready to rent out over the summer months.
I need to get to French Alps to see if mine is still there :rolleyes:

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
I'm not a lemming, and therefore won't be blindly following your course.

I will be travelling as soon as I'm allowed, having weighed up the risks and managed them.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
So if we can get there, there should be plenty of spaces? Although I must admit the mask everywhere rule would put me off, particularly when the evidence is mounting that the risk outside is so small.
Had to wear mask all the time in Spain last year,you soon get used to it.BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Lemmings travel in their tens of thousands,,Motorhomes would only be a dribble..BUSBY.

Sep 13, 2016
Okehampton
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
Since 2016
Green list published, Turkey is on the Red list.
  • Portugal
  • Israel
  • Singapore
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Brunei
  • Iceland
  • Gibraltar
  • Falkland Islands
  • Faroe Islands
  • South Georgia and the Sandwich Islands
  • St Helena, Tristan de Cunha and Ascension Island

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Green list published, Turkey is on the Red list.
  • Portugal
  • Israel
  • Singapore
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Brunei
  • Iceland
  • Gibraltar
  • Falkland Islands
  • Faroe Islands
  • South Georgia and the Sandwich Islands
  • St Helena, Tristan de Cunha and Ascension Island
Sorted then,,ferry to The Falkland Isles for a month..BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The Spanish Government are trying to place 'Toll Booths' on ALL AUTOROUTES !! Meaning charges for their use will possibly mean that lesser roads and routes could get more congested !! from change.org
Any info 'Gus '??
Yes as posted they have done an about turn & are proposing tolls on all former toll roads + all existing motorways. Possibly followed by single lane roads but I can't see that happening as the French invested billions & never even got to the starting gate.
Yes but now they appear to be coming back. 2024 appears to be the date. Reading between the lines the 'proposal' forwarded to the EU appears to already be a cut & dried debated subject that basically just needs to be voted on? so could even be law before the end of this year for next year implemetation.
I've no problem with rates like 3 or 4 cents per km. It is when they start upping it when the till dippers see the € signs in their eyes & plenty of cash to be scammed off that it then becomes a p*** take.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Yes as posted they have done an about turn & are proposing tolls on all former toll roads + all existing motorways. Possibly followed by single lane roads but I can't see that happening as the French invested billions & never even got to the starting gate.

Yes but now they appear to be coming back. 2024 appears to be the date. Reading between the lines the 'proposal' forwarded to the EU appears to already be a cut & dried debated subject that basically just needs to be voted on? so could even be law before the end of this year for next year implemetation.
I've no problem with rates like 3 or 4 cents per km. It is when they start upping it when the till dippers see the € signs in their eyes & plenty of cash to be scammed off that it then becomes a p*** take.
Will just stick to minor roads,,Never in much of a hurry.BUSBY.

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
I saw the figure 3 cents per km for 'light' vehicles, but 14 cents for heavy ones. And my guess - which could be quite wrong - is 3,500kg would be the threshold. Which would put a lot of MHs in the more expensive category. :unsure:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back