France and Spain on the UK Green list by the end of June (1 Viewer)

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
So if we can get there, there should be plenty of spaces? Although I must admit the mask everywhere rule would put me off, particularly when the evidence is mounting that the risk outside is so small.
I’m with you on the mask mandate as a big no no for me. Also why is anyone still believing anything Johnson says. If we are able to travel this year it will be the biggest surprise since England won the World Cup.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
All this talk about tests just a few hours before you arrive back in the UK is doable if you are flying. But driving back with a moho from winter in southern Spain is a 3 day job for us. How does that work out? Meanwhile we have a 2 week river cruise up the danube commencing mid September. It's been put back 4 months already. Will that happen? Tune in next week for the next thrilling installment of Wish we were There.
Its just a bit of organisation, really depends on how much you want to go, the thought of a full "summer" in Uk is not appealing to me so we will do our best to escape for a bit.
I’m with you on the mask mandate as a big no no for me. Also why is anyone still believing anything Johnson says. If we are able to travel this year it will be the biggest surprise since England won the World Cup.
There s a myriad of reasons why the y need to get people travelling again, not least of which is the need to get money back into the various economies and industries. If it carries on like this Amazon is going to have a higher GDP than some EU countries

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Why is it that everyone assumes holidays are June, July, August. So many Motorhome owners are retired and go away earlier to avoid the crowds ( and the high prices)? This is the second year holidays planned for May/June have had to be scrapped and its so frustrating. I am ashamed to admit I have bookings for sites in Europe AND the UK for the same dates (double booked), which is something I NEVER do. One of the sets of bookings will have to be cancelled!
I know I’m not the only one caught like this but if/when it’s allowed to go to Europe across the channel, so many site owners are going to have massive numbers of cancellations. What a mess!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I can't find anything on the NHS app that says that I have had both jabs, where is it?
I think there are various different NHS apps around, and it's supposed to be on one of them.

I have the NHS Covid-19 app and it's not on that. But I think some folk have an NHS app that contains their personal medical records - it may be that one? :unsure:

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
I think there are various different NHS apps around, and it's supposed to be on one of them.

I have the NHS Covid-19 app and it's not on that. But I think some folk have an NHS app that contains their personal medical records - it may be that one? :unsure:
I have both apps but can't find it on either of them

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Surly we can't be the only campers that deferred paid booking from last year and need to use it or lose it.

We were contacted this week and told cannot defer again. Use or lose.

I can understand the campsites position and we are booked on the last 2 weeks in Aug so hopefully open and green to go by then

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
In order to access your vaccination record on the NHS App, you have to first have access to your medical records and then allow the app to see them.

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Why is it that everyone assumes holidays are June, July, August. So many Motorhome owners are retired and go away earlier to avoid the crowds ( and the high prices)? This is the second year holidays planned for May/June have had to be scrapped and its so frustrating. I am ashamed to admit I have bookings for sites in Europe AND the UK for the same dates (double booked), which is something I NEVER do. One of the sets of bookings will have to be cancelled!
I know I’m not the only one caught like this but if/when it’s allowed to go to Europe across the channel, so many site owners are going to have massive numbers of cancellations. What a mess!
Agreed it's frustrating, but that's the pandemic for you. At least most on here have come through it this far... :unsure:

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
I have both apps but can't find it on either of them
Ah, OK - I've certainly seen on a different travel group from here that some folk have found the info on their app. Think it was mentioned it might depend whether local GP surgery had updated records to reflect patient Covid vaccines?

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
In order to access your vaccination record on the NHS App, you have to first have access to your medical records and then allow the app to see them.
Already have that, I also look at my medical records using systemonline which is linked to my GP surgery, It shows that I have had the flu jab last September and any prescriptions but nothing about a covid vaccine

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Ah, OK - I've certainly seen on a different travel group from here that some folk have found the info on their app. Think it was mentioned it might depend whether local GP surgery had updated records to reflect patient Covid vaccines?

I have the NHS App that is linked to my Dr's records and while it does show that I have been vaccinated it is not in a format that I could quickly show someone. Think there will be an update that makes it much more obvious that you have hdd the jabs

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Already have that, I also look at my medical records using systemonline which is linked to my GP surgery, It shows that I have had the flu jab last September and any prescriptions but nothing about a covid vaccine
It should be on your GP held record. Our records show clearly that we have had the vaccination. How long ago were you vaccinated? Is timeline an issue?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Ring your surgery,,BUSBY.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
All this talk about tests just a few hours before you arrive back in the UK is doable if you are flying. But driving back with a moho from winter in southern Spain is a 3 day job for us. How does that work out? Meanwhile we have a 2 week river cruise up the danube commencing mid September. It's been put back 4 months already. Will that happen? Tune in next week for the next thrilling installment of Wish we were There.
'What's the weather like in Cyprus, Bill?'
'A little warmer than in London, Sheila, but thanks for asking! Welcome to 3 Way Family Favourites ...'
'Yes, Bill. And we start with a letter from Trooper Sid Smith who wants 'Only You' played for his lovely wife, Cynthia, and Heidi, the daughter he has never seen because he was posted to Cyprus 18 months ago ...' :oops:

Steve

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
It appears that I only have access to a summary record and not my full record, have sent an online request for access to the full record.
I have the patient access app, don't have access to medical records, use it for repeat prescriptions appointments etc and can access my jabs. in fact i am showing 3 jabs when i have only had 2 .(It shows one that was cancelled because it was less than 30 days after having covid).
Screenshot_20210326_112450_uk.co.patient.patientaccess.jpg

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
It appears that I only have access to a summary record and not my full record, have sent an online request for access to the full record.
I had to do the same..BUSBY.

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
The UK Government is planning to have an NHS app that confirms an individual's vaccination status. Rumour I heard today is that it may not be fully completed and operational by 17 May. But should be available for roll-out soon afterwards.
That's my understanding. It will be an amendment to the existing NHS App, that's to say the one that allows you to access records etc. NOT THE Covid version.
You can already download it to your device and if as promised it will automatically be updated to show your vaccine staus.

BIG CAVEAT; remember how successful other government IT projects have been.....:eek:

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Unless it is standard for all no one is going to be reading something in English or French if it isn't there first language?
I think it will depend on the country, those desperate to have us back liKe Spain and Greece will probably accept your bus pass and nod you through. I can see the Frogs taking a harder stance of course...

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
So after reading this thread I looked at the NHS App first. This didn't say anything about the vaccine but I saw there were letters registered for both dates I had the jab. It wouldn't let me open them on the App so I logged into Systemonline (the one where we make appointments, request repeats and view records) and sure enough these letters are a formal record of both vaccines.
Not much use if you can't show them on your device of course....

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The EU vaccination digital certificate shows whether you have been vaccinated, what with, & when, Or if you are unvaccinated & reason why. Or if you are a virus recovered person with immunity.
It will also show PCR test result.
The certificates will include information such as name, date of birth, date of issuance, relevant information about vaccine/test/recovery and a unique identifier of the certificate. They will be valid in all EU Member States and open for Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway as well as Switzerland, and can be issued to EU citizens and their family members, regardless of their nationality.
Along with a QR code. & also available in paper form.
So unless the UK's one complies .......

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
The EU vaccination digital certificate shows whether you have been vaccinated, what with, & when, Or if you are unvaccinated & reason why. Or if you are a virus recovered person with immunity.
The certificates will include information such as name, date of birth, date of issuance, relevant information about vaccine/test/recovery and a unique identifier of the certificate. They will be valid in all EU Member States and open for Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway as well as Switzerland, and can be issued to EU citizens and their family members, regardless of their nationality.
I thought that the vaccination certificate is currently just a proposal by the commission to the member states and yet to be approved or adopted.

Hopefully the UK are waiting to see if it is adopted and then they will produce something along the same lines as the EU,

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
Oh !! ,,,SO ,,,My mobile does'nt have the facility to download 'apps' ,so how can i show anybody any details ?? !!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Well if it doesn't Spain etc will miss out of millions of pounds in tourist revenue and countries like Turkey will really benefit,,BUSBY.

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
The Spanish Government are trying to place 'Toll Booths' on ALL AUTOROUTES !! Meaning charges for their use will possibly mean that lesser roads and routes could get more congested !! from change.org
Any info 'Gus '??

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Unless you go to France and dont come back until it goes green :LOL: :LOL: :giggle:(y)
Well we would love to do that, I don’t see how they control us going out , fair enough on return, but I don’t want to return x
Download the NHS App,,,it is recorded on that. BUSBY.
No app in Wales

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back