Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
by 'eck now England back into lockdown, "Doris" due at 16h but there is a delay whilst they remove a sharp object from his back

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
So i'm going to France on Wednesday for work, taking the tunnel and going to Lille to collect the last remains of our stock from a warehouse north of the town.

No contact with anyone while there, just drive from Calais open up the warehouse, load van back to Calais and back on he tunnel.

What paperwork do I need for the French authorities?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
But you are heading in the correct direction north with the right plates lol

I hope that will be me too , fiat assist/RAC. Are worse than useless , I’m trying to get flights down to Geneva to pick up my alegedly fixed MH that has been broken down in France for over 8 weeks now , think it’s going to be an interesting week assuming I ever get there 🤕

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
So i'm going to France on Wednesday for work, taking the tunnel and going to Lille to collect the last remains of our stock from a warehouse north of the town.

No contact with anyone while there, just drive from Calais open up the warehouse, load van back to Calais and back on he tunnel.

What paperwork do I need for the French authorities?
My understanding (certainly not 100% on it though) is that if you are an employee of a company, an officer of that company (manager/director/company secretary) needs to fill in the employers attestation (available on the french government CV-19 site) stating why/where you are travelling. If you are an employee, your company should be sorting this out for you anyway.
Take care and safe trip 👍
There is a link to the forms here for business travel. Screenshot_20201103-085956_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Thanks guys, I've completed what I hope are the relevant forms etc and have the attestation in hand, UK visa and immigration have confirmed I will not need to self isolate as long as I stick to the plan as described to them.

I did similar some week back, but that was before France locked down.

Seems very easy so far, but lets wait and see if the French authorities throw a spanner in the works tomorrow.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Well, surprisingly I did have an issue with French customs, but not an expected one.

I was pulled over by no less than 4 customs officers on motorcycles, they surrounded to van and searched it from end to end, every nook and cranny.

They had no interest in Covid regulations or paperwork, no interest in the goods on the van, only tobacco.

Now I’ve driven on the continent regularly for 30 years plus and not experienced this before, once they had finished I was complimented on my Shelby tee shirt as well as the racing simulator in the van and asked if I was aware of the recent change in French law relating to tobacco.

It seems that since August the French have outlawed any tobacco in excess of 200 cigarettes or 1kg of tobacco being bought into the country. Even if your only crossing France on the way home.

No issue for me, but my details were recorded so if I get stopped in the future with excess tobacco I will have no defence, I was warned that I could be fined and my vehicle seized.

Apparently, this is to protect the French tobacco industry.

just looked it up and seems to be the case https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/New-laws-and-changes-in-France-August-2020

But the EU may kick it out.

Doesn't matter to me, but I was surprised how determined they were to find tobacco.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
And for information for anyone heading home from Spain or Italy

Le combat contre le terrorisme passe par le renforcement des contrôles aux frontières intérieures de l’espace Schengen.
Aujourd’hui, 2 400 policiers, gendarmes, CRS et militaires contrôlent nos frontières avec l'Italie et l'Espagne.

Nous avons décidé de doubler ces effectifs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back