France - 4 week lockdown (1 Viewer)

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Lets wait and see what happens on Thursday when Monsieur Macron speaks to the nation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Macron is putting France back in lockdown this coming Friday with retriction on travel unless you have a permit,

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Just got a message from my French friends. Total lockdown in France from Friday. Stay safe all 👍

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Guess we will have to wait till a few thousand more die in England before Johnson the Ditherer decides to follow suit🤦‍♂️
Government in UK can't win,,if they shut down it's a dictatorship if they don't they are too lenient.. BUSBY.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
What does that mean?
Pretty much what was said, no Non essential Travel and if you do you must have a permit,
No bars and non essential shops to be open, with the exception of children going to school its
Much the same as April,

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
What does that mean?
If it's the same as the last lockdown, you have to carry an 'attestation' with you, whenever you go out or travel. The wording of the form was available on-line. Basically, you have to sign the form to say why you are travelling or going out, and show it to the Police, if asked.
Last time you were only allowed to go out for a limited range of permissible reasons i.e. going to work, getting medical treatment, food shopping or going to the pharmacy and in order to provide care for others. (There may have been other reasons, but they didn't apply to us, so I'm not sure what they were.)
As foreigners, we were allowed to travel back to our home country.
Others, living in France, may be able to add to this.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
We was going to transit on Saturday. Anyone know when this takes effect on Friday?

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Great, was booked for Tuesday to Calais with a travel voucher from March!!

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
If it's the same as the last lockdown, you have to carry an 'attestation' with you, whenever you go out or travel. The wording of the form was available on-line. Basically, you have to sign the form to say why you are travelling or going out, and show it to the Police, if asked.
Last time you were only allowed to go out for a limited range of permissible reasons i.e. going to work, getting medical treatment, food shopping or going to the pharmacy and in order to provide care for others. (There may have been other reasons, but they didn't apply to us, so I'm not sure what they were.)
As foreigners, we were allowed to travel back to our home country.
Others, living in France, may be able to add to this.
Pretty spot on. We need an attestation to leave home and can only do so for the above reasons.

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
From what I have just been reading, we are in for a 4-week shutdown except for getting essential supplies as from midnight tomorrow. I haven't read the whole of the president's speech, but have picked up that there will be a review after 2-weeks pertaining to commerce. As at the start of the pandemic, it will be necessary to complete a self certification for every time of leaving one's own property. That is each person, no sel-cert can have more than one name.

John

I must learn to type more rapidly. I've been beaten to it, AGAIN

OP
OP
A
Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
It’s also a similar situation in Germany but not as severe. However Mrs Merkel “appealed to people not to make unnecessary journeys and said hotels won't be able to accommodate people on tourist trips.“

I am assuming anyone in Germany will have to head back to Blighty or find another open country.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back