Oct 14, 2007
Northren Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Hello All

My name is Christine. My husband David & I have been motorhoming for 3 years - best thing since sliced bread lol!::bigsmile: We have been to France a number of times - always down the West/Atlantic coast. This year we are doing landbridge and landing in Calais. Really looking forward to it, but haven't a clue about 'that side'. We are intending to stop in the Ardeche area and then head towards Narbonne/Bay of Roses. That is as far as the 'planning' has got.:Doh: Would appreciate any tips/info about places worth visiting and any aires that you could recommend. Have spoken with a few people that said they used the services on the toll roads with no problem. Should arrive in Calais about teatime, so only wanting to drive for a couple of hours - we will be on holiday afterall.:roflmto:

Looking forward to all comments/advise. Will be greatly received. Hope to speak again soon.

Christine::bigsmile:

Paulh

Free Member
May 1, 2008
Bangor N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Hi Christine, done France a few times ourselves, usually via Portsmouth and down to the Vendee area and back via Calais. We"ve used services a few times with no probs. although we stick to lit areas usually near the truck park, although they do tend to come and go at all hours. Can"t advise on sites as we stick to Vendee and Paris but I can recommend Camping Jablinnes near Paris/Disney and a train station (20 mins. Paris center).How I envy others not having to take 2 boats!!:roflmto: PaulH Bangor NI

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Hi Christine try bourges that is nice,must do the lights tour in the town,tourist office next to cathedral will give you all the info. would keep away from overnighting on the motorway service areas, to easy for criminals to nip down and away. enjoy your trip
Bill :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

allie sommerville

Free Member
Dec 30, 2009
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
conversion
Exp
Hi Christine :Smile:

As for as 'planning' a trip, we found there were too many tempting places to go off on a tangent to visit!
Best just to see where you end up - as long as you allow yourself plenty of time to get back of course :RollEyes:

Have a great trip!

Alison

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
hi christine keep well away from motor way aires at narbonne , we were robbed on one , and the police do not work at night there , we were robbed at 3am and had to wait for the police to turn up at 8am , all they said was it happens every night , we were parked with other motor homes and there was a restaurant that was open about 50yards away ,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back