Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We are in Estartit and yesterday found a German made automatic four stage battery charger for €18 - delighted! Not sure if they'll be in UK Lidls but it might be worth a look. :)
So now I have a question - if I want to charge our leisure batteries do I have to disconnect them from the solar and the Sargent controller before I charge them? They are AGM batteries.
Thanks
Mags

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
In theroy if they are all connected in parallel it should sort itself out and the one with the highest output would take over but in practice I would disconnect the Sargent.
As they are AGM batteries I would only charge them with a charger that has a dedicated AGM charging regime otherwise you will find their life will be considerably shortened.

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
As they are AGM batteries I would only charge them with a charger that has a dedicated AGM charging regime otherwise you will find their life will be considerably shortened.
It has an AGM setting. Thanks for the advice Mags

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Lucky so and so
Just gone through the Lidl UK website and the best thing there is a trolley jack

Edit
Just double checked ALDI (why more like Tesco every day) and they had ods all motoring stuff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back