Found a motor home but it seems too cheap ?? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
P

Paulfy4

Free Member
Aug 21, 2016
Blackpool
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Haha papa john funny enough I emailed asking for a viewing before any payment and said I was doing a HPI check and haven't heard back since thank you all,cheers

Deleted User
There are lots of scams on Ebay and Gumtree.

A common ploy is that the vehicle is not available to view but they will deliver it free of charge.
Another ploy is to insert an email address in the advert and they ask that you contact them via the email.

As mentioned in a previous post any payment will be to a scam paypal account.

OP
OP
P

Paulfy4

Free Member
Aug 21, 2016
Blackpool
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just had a reply by email this minute saying

Please purchase with confidence through PayPal and you have a 7 day trial period with the option of a full refund at there cost lol

Thanks again guys

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There's been quite a few on here over the years, seen an advert like that, but go off and buy it, then never come back on to say what happened, if you have the cash you can't beat looking around your local area during the next month or two when folks have give up on holidays and thinking about Xmas money, look on eBay or whatever but stick to somewhere you know, where you can go and check it out with ease.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
It's in Northern Ireland at present due to work commitments ????

I'm afraid it's the usual story with scams.
They can't show you the vehicle,nut it'll be delivered to you ( no, it won't)
Your money will be "held" so f you're unhappy with vehicle it'll be collected and you'll be refunded.
There'll be no vehicle, you'll never see your money again.

Tell them you've phoned a friend in N. Ireland who'll come and view it when he's finished his shift in C.I.D.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have a great idea that would make us both happy (y) ........

Just send me £2K. ..... you still won't have a motorhome but we will both be £2K better off than if you bought the van.:whistle:

A win win situation all round. :D

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I wonder how much MHF has saved various people by alerting them to various scams ?

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Hmmm, seems to have sold for £9.5k to someone who has 435 ratings so not an eBay novice apparently. Certainly looked like a dodgy sale from what I'd read but someone has taken a punt. Hope they don't come unstuck and get their bank account emptied :(

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hmmm, seems to have sold for £9.5k to someone who has 435 ratings so not an eBay novice apparently. Certainly looked like a dodgy sale from what I'd read but someone has taken a punt. Hope they don't come unstuck and get their bank account emptied :(
I think you are confusing it with the original 'genuine' Ebay listing which I found that dates from May.

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
I think you are confusing it with the original 'genuine' Ebay listing which I found that dates from May.
Ah ha :) I see ...... then yes indeedy..... mucho scammo going on and time to get the 10' barge pole out :hi:

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Scamming Irish Gits they should all be taken out and shot :) ... oh wait i'm Irish.... :(

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Scamming Irish Gits they should all be taken out and shot :) ... oh wait i'm Irish.... :(
2 phrases come to mind ...

"be careful what you wish for" :D

and

"many a true word [is] said in jest" :LOL:

Deleted User
A guy was selling similar about a 18 months ago, from the very North of Northern Ireland. I said had a cousin in Drogheda, who could view and test drive. Suddenly the vehicle is with him at work in Aberdeen. Fine, daughter is in Paisley, she and fiance can do the same. Suddely no more communication.
If EVER they ask for money and guaranteed delivery at their cost, let E Bay or who ever know asap. All scams.

escapee

Free Member
Aug 18, 2013
northants
Funster No
MH
ewift escape 686
Exp
since 2009
i would say a scam My mate came close a while ago with one advertised in a local paper at a knock down price when enquiring was told it was in germany- but on payment of a small deposit would deliver it free of charge to anywhere in england- we checked behind our ears and finding no sign of moisture decided to decline the offer(you could see by the way that the photos had been taken outside a motorhome sales forecourt so any dvla check would have showed it as ok!)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I had fun with one that was said to be in an army base in Edinburgh.

I asked if it was the one in Compound 6 or the one on Compound 11, and I would let Sgt Dalgleish know I'd be across to look at it during my lunch break as I worked in the MPs office ..... didn't hear anything else from them for some reason :sneaky:

Last edited:

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
That would be hateful to save all your working life or a brave few years for some scum bags to rob you of your hard earned dosh!!!

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Buster Jack just been on morning TV, it seems the banks telling you it's your fault your the victim is in many cases untrue, it's they who may have been negligent letting scammers open accounts.
He takes a percentage for getting your money back.
I hadn't seen this original thread but thought it was worth bumping as a reminder. A description of how the scammers operate is here .... https://fightbackonline.org/index.php/fightback/16-stories/99-buster-jack-fraud-vigilantes

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
The favourite scam on ebay ... At least half a dozen a day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back