Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A week of testing and we are getting there. However lots of stuff still breaks during testing so it will be a while yet before we can change, Sunday 29th at the Earliest

Your pictures, avatars and signatures. Every post (over 1 million of them) every thread, 25,000 photographs are all porting over nicely.

What we might lose through incompatibility are: All the Motorhome details from the Link Removed. All your Link Removed adverts and the the Link Removed. If you have photos or text here that you don't want to lose then please visit these sections and copy it ASAP. Suitable long term replacements for these sections will be available in the coming weeks.

The new forum software is xenForo and those of you that have visited our sister site www.motorhome365.com will be familiar with it. Its slick and fast. Well supported and secure and much easier to use than our present cobbled system. Here are are couple of screen shots

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
The new forum software is xenForo and those of you that have visited our sister site www.motorhome365.com will be familiar with it. Its slick and fast. Well supported and secure and much easier to use than our present cobbled system. Here are are couple of screen shots

I'm liking the multiple pages of recent posts on that screenshot...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Looks good, Jim.

Like it.

Steve :Smile:

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Really appreciate your efforts in managing this forum. It's often a thankless task.:thumb:

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Looks good, hopefully it will goes smoothly for you.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
may the force be with you...migrations.........AAAARRGHHHHHH:Eeek:

still...look at it this way the migration might be the easy bit...Chair-Keyboard interface errors post migration are likely to the major hurdle ::bigsmile:

To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so.
Robert Orben

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
These weby types dont half like bigging it up
were not fools Jim
COPY - PASTE We can all do it:ROFLMAO::Doh:

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
how on earth you find the time to do all this as well as have a life, i have no idea jim, but it's certainly appreciated by all of us who seek information and friendship on this very busy and helpful site..

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I may lapse till next week sir but I'll be back

Don't wanna add to Jim's hair loss

But then I might send a kite in a enveylope :Eeek:

Oh what to do help decishons decishions

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Looks good Jim, but I understood more German, French and Italian on holiday than I did your post! Glad you know what you're doing ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Will the Blog content be lost forever, or restored when you've sorted the problem?

Blogs are a little used feature but we consider them to be an important part of the Funster experience and would like to increase the number of people writing one here. Many people, including me enjoy reading them. The new future-proof system will involve a using Wordpress and a bridge to the new forum software. It's unfortunate that there is no direct import path. This is why we will be using Wordpress; this is world class top blogging software and by using it we won't ever find ourselves trapped without an upgrade path again.

The best answer right now, we may well be able to restore it, but there is a chance we won't be able to, so please do your best to copy it and keep it safe, Sorry.

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
Many thanks for all you do for Fun very much appreciated.

Bob:thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Personally I don't find Wordpress that user friendly, but there again am willing to see if maybe that's because the one I've used in an old version or something.

I created my password etc absolutely yonks ago and I know last time I tried to use it, it wouldn't let me in and it wouldn't let me re-register because obviously it already knew me, but there wasn't a (discernible) way of asking it your password.

Let's hope it's improved, and if I want to use it will be able to re-register because this is a different website?

Whatton

Free Member
Apr 30, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Will there be an option to exclude sub-forums from a New posts search? To get rid of the dross that apears from the U-shaped lounge would be a big plus point for me :thumb:

Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
It would be fair boring without the candy dross ( spill chucker falty)

:thumb::thumb::thumb::reel::reel::reel::fatbuddha:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Will there be an option to exclude sub-forums from a New posts search? To get rid of the dross that apears from the U-shaped lounge would be a big plus point for me :thumb:

I had this problem when I first started using this Forum but found the answer was to click on the Home button. This shows the last 30 posts with the posts to the "dross" area listed separately below them. Hopefully the new software will have a similar workaround.

Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
jim mr jim sir I just paid me subs

Didn't wanna get lost in spite of wot others may wish

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.