Forum Posting Problems in Andriod (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Jim
Please, please Jim is there any chance of sorting out the bugs when using Andriod, I asked before but nothing happened it was fine with the old software.

It's not my phone as I recently bought a good tablet it's exactly the same.

When typing/editing a post text often disappears behind the virtual keyboard or suddenly the window will scroll to the top of the post.

When doing a search you can enter the search phrase but can't enter anything else as the form drops below the virtual keyboard, you scroll down and the top goes behind the forum header.

You can be viewing a page and if freezes with a message something like "oops we have encountered an error please Press your back button"

I think there are other problems but I can't remember them, I know other Funsters have similar problems.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Downloading stock photos from my windows laptop onto a post is normally OK, however recently its hit or miss. I copy image, then paste onto thread, the image appears, then the download progress scale appears, then the "Whoops we gotta problem" appears.
I re-try but then give up if it after the second attempt it fails, the images are all the same size, so it cant be that they are too big I guess. I am also on a fairly fast broadband connection.
It must be whole different experience on a smart phone, one which I wouldn't dare attempt, swiping small screens isn't my bag, much prefer a standard keyboard.
Hope its just a temp glitch.
LES

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Does anyone else had a screen asking you to confirm your 'like' on a comment? It happens quite often to me on my Galaxy tablet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Been busy at the NEC. But Im not ignoring you you Lenny, I asked a question on the main xenforo forum yesterday, admins with millions of users between them. None having similar problems to you.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Tbf, I get similar problems but the thing I can't do is upload a video as other members can . Says I haven't got the extension

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Does anyone else had a screen asking you to confirm your 'like' on a comment? It happens quite often to me on my Galaxy tablet.
Are you trying to like one of Old Mo's jokes? It may be trying to maintain standards. But otherwise I've not seen that.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I get the same problems as Lenny from time to time Jim. The oops message seems to be when I've not been active on the forum for a while (I'm permanently logged in) and I try to do something - but it's not every time.
& the jumping screen happens when someone else posts on a thread while I'm typing a reply.

Reactions: DBK
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I'm on Android 9 on Moto g7 , never had any of the problems described

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Been busy at the NEC. But Im not ignoring you you Lenny, I asked a question on the main xenforo forum yesterday, admins with millions of users between them. None having similar problems to you.
Looks like I'm not the only one on here with it.

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I get these issue too from time to time especialy the Oops one on android devices also sometimes slow loading also Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Looks like I'm not the only one on here with it.

I can't replicate it which makes it difficult to track down. I imagine it is some third party app interfering some how. Around 1000 posts a day are made on Android with no errors.

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The oops thing is likely to be a security timeout. reload and its fine.
That makes sense as I've only noticed it (now I think about it) on a first posting. Once I'm "in" so to speak, I haven't encountered it.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I can't replicate it which makes it difficult to track down. I imagine it is some third party app interfering some how. Around 1000 posts a day are made on Android with no errors.
Both my phone and tablet are Huawei what are others witth the problem using?
Never had it with the old software.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Both my phone and tablet are Huawei what are others witth the problem using?
Never had it with the old software.
I'm using a Google phone, Android 10. On the screen the keyboard doesn't obscure a post. I would show a screenshot but the phone removes the keyboard before taking it!

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Yes I get that too. Sometimes when I look back likes have deleted themselves. Also I have a problem with the emojis. They cover my whole post and I can't see what has inserted. When I remove the emoji window it often looks like I've got emoji tourettes with a load of random emojis inserted. I would like the old emojis back that loaded below the post and stayed there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back