Forum post about 3500kg to 3650kg paper upgrade available through Autotrail (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Hello
I do hope someone can help me with this request, I saw a post on the forum a couple of days ago and search as I might I cannot locate it.
It was regarding a forum member who had applied for and received a new weight plate from Autotrail aftersales dept
He had also put info on how to word the letter and details to include ie; vehicle model, serial no and date registered.
Perhaps someone can remember seeing where this post is ,Even better the poster sees this.
Obviously I am not good at remembering things
Thanks in anticipation
Stuart

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hello
I do hope someone can help me with this request, I saw a post on the forum a couple of days ago and search as I might I cannot locate it.
It was regarding a forum member who had applied for and received a new weight plate from Autotrail aftersales dept
He had also put info on how to word the letter and details to include ie; vehicle model, serial no and date registered.
Perhaps someone can remember seeing where this post is ,Even better the poster sees this.
Thanks in anticipation
Stuart
One here but maybe the wrong one
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/should-i-uprate-weight.132220/#post-1894790

OP
OP
pelican
May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Thank you Chaser
Unfortunately that's not the one but thank you for the reply

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Hello
Thanks in anticipation
Stuart

Is this the one you're looking for?

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/just-been-to-the-weighbridge.131506/page-2#post-2027104

(y)

Damn - too late lol.

Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
The info that you are looking for with Auto-Trail is Regards to New Vans-that have the option to be registered at 3500kg or 3650kg this is a free option when buying new from a Dealer.
I had ours done when new or it should have been the Dealer did admit they got it wrong and after a few heated conversations it was put right
That also meant that road tax went down from I think £235 to £165.
That was when it was new in 2015 we have now paid for a further up plate as we needed more payload. Originally the idea was to run at 3500kg due to my age 70 next but don't see a problem with medical but would have been cheaper to miss it have had medical since being 45
As have driven large heavy trucks etc for my job.
Cliff

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back