widowtwanky

Free Member
Oct 19, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Looking to escape Glasgow now as its far too busy with the games in full flow. Can anyone recommend somewhere close to FW to wild camp please. Xx

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Visited FW a few months ago. We actually camped at Fort Augustus on a very pleasant campsite about half an hr. from FW. We had driven there from Tyndrum about 1.5 hrs. drive and were permitted free overnight stay at the Tourist Info office opposite the Green Welly. I must say how disappointed we were with Fort William. We had been the previous year and commented on how many of the shops along the main street had closed down, but this year it was even worse. Sad to see such a thriving town centre going downhill like this.

Wyn

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
You can actually camp in carpark beside railway station from memory as they have designated MH parking

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Just outside of fort William is a place called Corpach there's a car park there for Neptune's staircase ...I've wild camped in there many times usually always a few vans

Neptune's staircase is worth a visit and you may also catch a glimpse of the jacobite steam train ( aka hogwarts express )which passes right by on it's trip from Fort William to malaig

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Just outside of fort William is a place called Corpach there's a car park there for Neptune's staircase ...I've wild camped in there many times usually always a few vans

Neptune's staircase is worth a visit and you may also catch a glimpse of the jacobite steam train ( aka hogwarts express )which passes right by on it's trip from Fort William to malaig

Just google earthed it ! looks great !!!! thanks for that !!

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
don't think anyone will enforce it these days but from memory as think the signs are now illegal !!! there is a pub next to the car park so maybe pop in for a drink and ask if you can park in their area of the car park

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Is "Treasures of the Earth" still at Corpach? I went many years ago and found it fascinating. If it's still there ask about their car park.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Corpach has a no parking overnight sigb. Should I stay or go x
Sign has always been there and I've never been moved in fact I had a chat with a local bobby there once as he was looking to buy a camper van ....there's usually 2 or 3 vans in there every night

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Is "Treasures of the Earth" still at Corpach? I went many years ago and found it fascinating. If it's still there ask about their car park.

Drove past it an hour ago and going by the vehicles parked, they are doing good business.
Rain bouncing off ground all day here in FW

Regards, Bryan

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Drove past it an hour ago and going by the vehicles parked, they are doing good business.
Rain bouncing off ground all day here in FW

Regards, Bryan
I think it always rains in Fort William :)

Any consellation it's rained all day in Fife too

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My brother lives in FW and assures me they have seen the sun. Not every year mind.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes one of my mates lives there . he reckons its been ok this year . and very busy in the taxis .
he drives night time taxis . seems its the best year he has had so far in 15yrs of doing it .
hi. dbk . bet your brother knows purple bob . he has a bright purple prison truck as his camper.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
:rofl::rofl:
I think it always rains in Fort William :)

Any consellation it's rained all day in Fife too

Was last here 55 years ago...... it rained then also!!!:rofl:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Once worked with a guy who had been a job centre bloke at FW. Said it was great in the summer with almost full employment but dire in the winter with 80 or 90% unemployment and then the alcohol and drugs problems re-appeared. I guess that every summer paradise has a downside, but sad.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back