Fort William (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Just spent a few days at Fort William, without the van, circumstances dictated we took the car and used a hotel. The number of Motorhomes in the area is astounding! The Fort William/Mallaig junction is gridlocked most of the day, with tourist traffic, and driving through Glenfinnan is very slow because of the number of people wandering along the road. Parking even a car is difficult everywhere. On the up side the ticket machine in the east end car park in Mallaig was out of action so parking was free and I got a few pairs of kippers from Andy Race's fish shop, arguably the finest kippers you can get anywhere!

Driving south again we went via Connel and Inveraray to avoid the heavier traffic, a much more motorhome friendly route anyway, stopped for lunch at the Rest and Be Thankful pass where it was actually 22° , never had it as warm there before. I'll be back up in the van late September when most of the tourists have gone home.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
few pairs of kippers from Andy Race's fish shop, arguably the finest kippers you can get anywhere!

We'll be there next week. Should be setting off this afternoon, to Jedburgh for the night, and a fish and chip supper.
I have a look for those kippers but they'll have to be good -- Manx kippers are the best:happy::happy::happy:

OP
OP
WillH
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
The kippers are brilliant, as good as Craster kippers, Andy Race's is the place, at the harbour, not the station. Bonus as well, didn't see a single midge!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RVFUN

Free Member
May 7, 2017
Chatham Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Champagne 694
Exp
Newbies to motorhoming - purchasedJune 2017
I agree lots of Motorhomes I used the A82 Inverness to Fort William then A82 Fort William to Glasgow in a car. Not the NC500 but scenery and views stunning. Would be worried about knocking mirrors around Loch Lomond in Motorhome stretch as lots of HGVs driving really fast. Will definitely be going back in the Motorhome but will pull drivers side mirror in just in case a Motorhome with long arms coming the other way. It’s an A road so traffic travelling fast.

RVFUN

Free Member
May 7, 2017
Chatham Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Champagne 694
Exp
Newbies to motorhoming - purchasedJune 2017
There this week and no midges !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun