Foreign dog treats (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Lola loves the treats we have bought, while away, mainly in Spain. Not only that but they are seriously cheap.

A packet of Corazones Tiernos Y Jugosos look and smell OK and only cost a euro for what would be £3 in UK

Are we just lucky with Lola or do your dogs think the same

Last edited:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Our dog loves treats wherever they come from,we always check the sell by date and bring a few packets back,it's the same cheap rubbish for dogs all over Europe depends on where you buy! If you go to somewhere like Romania I'm sure they will be even cheaper,they like a dog or two for dinner,hence there are more treats than dogs so the price comes down.
I liked your post Bill,however knowing your run of luck ,if I were you I'd chain your dog around your leg before you get a ransom note on the back of a San Miguel label!

Vlad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Our dog loves treats wherever they come from,we always check the sell by date and bring a few packets back,it's the same cheap rubbish for dogs all over Europe depends on where you buy! If you go to somewhere like Romania I'm sure they will be even cheaper,they like a dog or two for dinner,hence there are more treats than dogs so the price comes down.
I liked your post Bill,however knowing your run of luck ,if I were you I'd chain your dog around your leg before you get a ransom note on the back of a San Miguel label!

Vlad
Actually there is a huge feral dog problem in Romania which is sad to see. The ones I seen roaming the streets seemed to be in good health considering, I was told they get fed by kind locals and shop keepers.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
then you know what to do . bring some home .
i had to have my dog put to sleep last year but still bought a bag of dry dog food for feeding strays on my travels this winter .
it can be great you pull up and some of them seem to remember you from last year.
some even seemed to be looking for my dog blacky from years before.
i find some of them are really tame . its hard not to adopt one .

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I have worked with a few Romanian lads on site and I can assure you they're not all thieving gypsies,some do work hard .Back home they live in near poverty and will think nothing of eating anything that's Quote "made of meat".

Vlad

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... they won't be too keen on FB pies either!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
mind i dont mind an fb pie myself so wont be offering them one of them .
after 4-5 months away an fb pie with chips and mushy peas is lovely .
the rest of the time we eat proper food . not so keen on that foreign stuff , but i can say a nice tagine goes down well.
oh, i forgot i am a qualified chef so cooking is second nature , but really the smell of bacon cooking after two months in maroc gets most of the brits noses twitching . always take plenty in cryovac pacs keeps for months . and chedder cheese , the best.

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
I have worked with a few Romanian lads on site and I can assure you they're not all thieving gypsies,some do work hard .Back home they live in near poverty and will think nothing of eating anything that's Quote "made of meat".

Vlad

Well Vlad, My wife is Romanian and indeed, there are many poor ( hardworking ) people in Romania. Been there many many times. I've never heard of ( or seen ) anyone there eating dogs??!!! My wife is laughing at the thought of brits thinking this. Romania gets so much bad press especially in the UK its not even funny, yes its a poor country but they are civilised people, the minority gypsy element is not indicative of Romania, a bit like saying football yobs are indicative of british people...not the case. Whilst were on the subject, the main meat source for Romanians are pork and chicken...many have small farms and are self sufficient.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
europe is really third world as the so called third world countries can manage ok . most of the so called charity and govt grants dont ever get there ,

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Well Vlad, My wife is Romanian and indeed, there are many poor ( hardworking ) people in Romania. Been there many many times. I've never heard of ( or seen ) anyone there eating dogs??!!! My wife is laughing at the thought of brits thinking this. Romania gets so much bad press especially in the UK its not even funny, yes its a poor country but they are civilised people, the minority gypsy element is not indicative of Romania, a bit like saying football yobs are indicative of british people...not the case. Whilst were on the subject, the main meat source for Romanians are pork and chicken...many have small farms and are self sufficient.
I worked in the Romanian oil fields the last time I was out there the peep's are lovely
we lived in local houses very basic but the could not do enough for us loved my time over there

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back