Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have a Transit base and I always do my own work on vehicles but I do need some technical help on the details and spec. I know that there is a TIS Disc from Ford for the eastern European and Russian markets but it is encrypted to stop us from getting the info. I did have one that I could access to get info in my Fiesta but not for the Tranny. Ford dealers go online to Ford at Brentwood to get specific info on a particular job but that keeps out the little garages and owner repairer.
Please do not mention Haynes manuals as they are worse than useless trying to cover all types and ages when everything is different on all of them.
Is there another source of a manual with decent referencing in it??????

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry cant help wit the manual but agree about Haynes.

They used to be the DIY mechanics best mate, showing minute detail even for stripping and rebuilding gearboxs and diffs.

Now, anything other than routine tasks, dipping oil, checking air filter etc everything is labelled 'refer to dealer'
not worth the recycled paper they are printed on.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have a Transit base and I always do my own work on vehicles but I do need some technical help on the details and spec. I know that there is a TIS Disc from Ford for the eastern European and Russian markets but it is encrypted to stop us from getting the info. I did have one that I could access to get info in my Fiesta but not for the Tranny. Ford dealers go online to Ford at Brentwood to get specific info on a particular job but that keeps out the little garages and owner repairer.
Please do not mention Haynes manuals as they are worse than useless trying to cover all types and ages when everything is different on all of them.
Is there another source of a manual with decent referencing in it??????
None on eBay? Someone has usually cracked the OEM manual & is trying to make a fortune from it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back