Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
Hi all just thinking ahead Incase anyway I have a ford transit Mk7 Chausson and I believe the start battery is under the Drivers swivel seat I’ve done some reading and if I’m correct to gain access to this battery you have to take the seat out ? This does seam to be a pain In The arse lol so Incase i have a flat start battery and need to put jump leads on or a battery start pack is there anything I can fit to the battery and expose on outside of seat So that it’s easy to connect jump leads or a start pack without removing all this stuff

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I feel sure there is a connection in the engine bay as there is on most engines these days ,on my van it’s under a plastic cover and not obvious .

OP
OP
Dazz

Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
I hope so mike As way it at moment it would be a long time if I had to fit jump leads and take seat and everything out lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dazz

Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
If anybody has same mk7 transit could they post a picture if there is a way to jump it from under bonnet point

OP
OP
Dazz

Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
I’m not sure if this is a jump point
9F9F4BC6-8551-4518-A8E9-F83D8B1C2DE4.jpeg

OP
OP
Dazz

Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
Just been out to look under bonnet and found these are these the points to connect jump leads or a starter pack also wear does the - contact go lol
D375224D-9EA2-4150-908B-583384575A8D.jpeg
8AF4367C-316F-40C0-92E3-1A27DC46BA1F.jpeg

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
negative on the gearbox lifting eye would be good enough for me.. Any beefy metal item that is part of or directly bolted to the engine / gearbox is ideal.

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
On my Transit the jump post is as you’ve pictured. Just twist off the red plastic cap I put the -ve clip on to part of the engine block to get a good circuit. The same connections can be used with a multi meter to get good readings of battery voltage and removing the swivel seat to access the batteries is a pain in the ar*e and the seat and turntable weigh a ton, not to be undertaken unless necessary

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
On my Transit the jump post is as you’ve pictured. Just twist off the red plastic cap I put the -ve clip on to part of the engine block to get a good circuit. The same connections can be used with a multi meter to get good readings of battery voltage and removing the swivel seat to access the batteries is a pain in the ar*e and the seat and turntable weigh a ton, not to be undertaken unless necessary

Agree on lifting the seat out, you have limited space and it is TRES heavy !!!! If your not fully sure of being able to lift it I'd suggest removing the seat from the turntable first, get it out of the way then get the turntable off. Then you have access to the battery.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I hope so mike As way it at moment it would be a long time if I had to fit jump leads and take seat and everything out lol
You don't have to take the seat out. You can access the battery by sliding the seat forward , removing plastic cover , & can also change it if necessary . Bit of a struggle but can be done. Seat removal just makes it easier. You need to remove seat to change leaisure battery in front of the starter battery.
Just been out to look under bonnet and found these are these the points to connect jump leads or a starter pack also wear does the - contact go lolView attachment 349585View attachment 349586
Yes that is the jump starting point with earth going direct to the engine. Don't waste your time though as unless you have a perfect jump starting pack/new battery & a car attached it is still unlikely to start. Even the AA man won't use them stating that a mark 7 needs a 99,5% top rated battery to even think of starting & trying to jump on the bonnet connection with a flat battery it won't start.
Been there & done all the above.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
You don't have to take the seat out. You can access the battery by sliding the seat forward , removing plastic cover , & can also change it if necessary . Bit of a struggle but can be done. Seat removal just makes it easier. You need to remove seat to change leaisure battery in front of the starter battery.

Yes that is the jump starting point with earth going direct to the engine. Don't waste your time though as unless you have a perfect jump starting pack/new battery & a car attached it is still unlikely to start. Even the AA man won't use them stating that a mark 7 needs a 99,5% top rated battery to even think of starting & trying to jump on the bonnet connection with a flat battery it won't start.
If it's like ours the leisure battery is under the passenger seat.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now

On our Best of 10, there is NO WAY, repeat NO WAY, to lift out the battery without removing the seat because of the seat swivel plates !!! Don't forget the battery is held down by a metal strap which is a bugger to get off.

Our Mk7 will happily start with the battery down to 12.3v, the battery will be changed in 2020 as it will be 6 years old, but have found that the MK7 starts better with a low battery than our diesel VW Golf.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
On our Best of 10, there is NO WAY, repeat NO WAY, to lift out the battery without removing the seat because of the seat swivel plates !!! Don't forget the battery is held down by a metal strap which is a bugger to get off.

Our Mk7 will happily start with the battery down to 12.3v, the battery will be changed in 2020 as it will be 6 years old, but have found that the MK7 starts better with a low battery than our diesel VW Golf.
I don't have swivel's and it is lhdrive .starter battery @12,3v worked perfectly at home in Spain yet 2days parked in UK it failed to start on 2 occasions. New battery & now perfect. Leisure battery I fitted in front of starter battery with both being under drivers seat.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
when I had our Transit the leisure batteries were under the passenger seat but there were also two batteries under the drivers seat. One was the engine battery and the other one was an auxiliary battery which powered the radio and central locking.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back