Ford transit key fob won't unlock heads up (1 Viewer)

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Had this problem today MH not used since mid December key fob not unlocking doors long story short ford introduced rechargeable batteries in the blue fobs and are charged when engine is running if not used for some time these batteries go flat and lock you out so be-aware this is completely new to me got in through the Hab door ran the engine 10 mins all ok this is a 13 plate transit, there is a fix using new battery and new fob case old case is destroyed when getting at the battery all is revealed on Mr Google
Thought this may be of help

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We had same problem with key fob not working after few months not being used but was ok as just used key in cab door lock then it recharged while driving along. It is a bit of a pain but just means we should use our motorhomes more & then no problem :)

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
old thread I know but if anyone has the same problem ( I had it with works Transit hence the searching) found this. apologies for making you watch the video but it does work, I have tried it. :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

co

Free Member
Feb 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
MOBIL STAGE
old thread I know but if anyone has the same problem ( I had it with works Transit hence the searching) found this. apologies for making you watch the video but it does work, I have tried it. :giggle:

iv just brought a transit and im watching your video and it just so happends i have the same tooth brush,so iv taped my key to the charger i got the van as a non runner on ebay the engine turns over apparently its turned up in the dark and i look at it tommorow,if this does anythink ill sign up to your channe. ill be back.l

co

Free Member
Feb 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
MOBIL STAGE
It’s an 11 plate van , it doesent seem to be working the girl next door give me a Samsung charger with the same kind of thing, so the key is in the middle I’ll try anything at this stage iv ordered a new key blank with key housing so I mite have to open up old key and put guts in new housing plus battery will see

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back