Ford tranny HSA question (1 Viewer)

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Had MH since june 09 and have never noticed the little green indicator (between speedo and tacho) of a vehicle going up/down a hill. I assume its summat to do with the hill start assist. I noticed it when reversing onto my hard standing at home (which is deliberately on an incline to allow water to run off roof.) Funny thet I have never seen it before. Can anyone shed any light on it ????

Wadems

Free Member
Mar 16, 2010
UK
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
Had MH since june 09 and have never noticed the little green indicator (between speedo and tacho) of a vehicle going up/down a hill. I assume its summat to do with the hill start assist. I noticed it when reversing onto my hard standing at home (which is deliberately on an incline to allow water to run off roof.) Funny thet I have never seen it before. Can anyone shed any light on it ????
Hello!
When this light appears it indicates that HLA(Hill Launch Assist) is active. Vehicle is on a gradient steep enough to be recognised by slope sensor buried within the modulation system. In this instance when you pull away there is no need to use the handbrake as hydraulic pressure is maintained within the brake system for approx 4sec until enough engine torque is generate to move vehicle and then release pressure. If you release brake and do not attempt to pull away vehicle will hold and then after the 4 brakes will release.

There you go!

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
HSA trany light ...

Thanks Wadems, I thought it was just there to warn me I forgot to put the h/brake on. The one thing about the site, you learn something every day:thumb:

Richard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back