Ford Or Fiat?! (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The most important thing to get right is the layout.... and if looking for an A class the vast majority are on Duacato or Merc .. bigger vans are usually on Iveco .. exclude Fiat and you have reduced your choice of motorhomes by about 90%

Once upon a time I wouldn't have touched a Fiat.. but I put that prejudice aside when looking for our latest van.. I wanted a Hymer, and am very happy with our choice. a Ducato 2.8jtd, married to an AlKo chassis, this gives me 4000kg payload and a double floor van .. under 7mts .. and I love driving it.. it is very quiet and car like... not what I was expecting.. I thought it would be tractor like and no fun to drive..

too soon to say what the overall MPG is, but on two tanks it has worked out at 26mpg.. but that is tootling around the lanes in Suffolk.. up and down the gears, and no real decent run... hopefully nearer 30mpg cruising at 55-60 on the the motorway

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
tried both the 2015 Ford and fiat Version of the 510 the ford Is certainly the drivers cab, especially if you are over 6' Its lovely and the Ford comes with traction control etc.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Our Fiat X250 is three years old and 15k miles has been boringly reliable. Couple of warning lights came on and went off again all by them selves but that is it.
Around 25-30mpg and only serviced every two years as per Fiat. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back