For UK Expats Living In France Under WARP Agreement (1 Viewer)

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
There might not be many of us here but for any that are, this is great news. Basically, if you moved to France before 31st December 2020 and have applied for a WARP (Withdrawal Agreement Residence Permit), the deadline by which you must physically have the card (not just your application email) has been extended from 1st October 2021 to 1st January 2022. This comes as a great relief, means we can legally remain in France and takes away the threat of deportation. It also allows the prefectures more time to process applications, which caused huge backlogs, due to the sheer volume of applicants. Here is the official confirmation;

Thank you for allowing me to share this important news.

Deleted User
I am resident in Portugal, have had the old residency certificate since 2017, applied for the new card in December 2020, not heard a thing since.
I didn't realise that there was a time limit on physically having the card, is this only in France and not a Schengen rule?

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I am resident in Portugal, have had the old residency certificate since 2017, applied for the new card in December 2020, not heard a thing since.
I didn't realise that there was a time limit on physically having the card, is this only in France and not a Schengen rule?

I'm sorry, I don't know. It could just be France. We applied in March for ours and have only had our email confirmation. Some of the prefectures are simply overwhelmed by the numbers. Can you contact the British Embassy in Portugal for their help? Also, this looks like a good group to join on Facebook....

They should be able to help you or point you in the right direction. Good luck :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
I'm sorry, I don't know. It could just be France. We applied in March for ours and have only had our email confirmation. Some of the prefectures are simply overwhelmed by the numbers. Can you contact the British Embassy in Portugal for their help? Also, this looks like a good group to join on Facebook....

They should be able to help you or point you in the right direction. Good luck :)
I think in Portugal the only people that are getting any joy with these new cards are the wealthy 'Golden Visa' applicants.
Even people that have been residents for years and already had the old residency cards have not been issued with new ones.
It seems the same in Portugal regarding the immigration service, SEF, being overwhelmed.
I don't think there is a time limit, other than for applications, in Portugal or I think that I would have heard by now.

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I think in Portugal the only people that are getting any joy with these new cards are the wealthy 'Golden Visa' applicants.
Even people that have been residents for years and already had the old residency cards have not been issued with new ones.
It seems the same in Portugal regarding the immigration service, SEF, being overwhelmed.
I don't think there is a time limit, other than for applications, in Portugal or I think that I would have heard by now.

I hear you but would caution you to find out for sure. The very real risk, if you don't comply (for whatever reason), is deportation.

Deleted User
I hear you but would caution you to find out for sure. The very real risk, if you don't comply (for whatever reason), is deportation.
There are a lot of people that I know that are in the same situation,.
We do have a certificate with a QR code showing that we have applied for the new card.
This has been accepted by the French customs but my passport was stamped by the Spanish customs at Santander causing an argument and him reluctantly striking it out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
There are a lot of people that I know that are in the same situation,.
We do have a certificate with a QR code showing that we have applied for the new card.
This has been accepted by the French customs but my passport was stamped by the Spanish customs at Santander causing an argument and him reluctantly striking it out.

If you have your QR code, then that's good. Yes, some Customs officers seem unsure of what they're supposed to do!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back