• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

FOR SALE - Swift Kontiki 645 with Fiat 2.8JTD engine, Manual with Cruise Control (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
Heads up on a 2004 Swift Kontiki 645 that will be going on sale later this week, I just took it for its MOT today which was not due until November so it can be sold with a full 12mths and it sailed through with NO advisories!

Plated at 3,850kg but DOWN PLATED by Swift to 3,500kg so can be driven on normal licence, just a paper exercise to up plate again if required.

It has a Thatcham Cat 1 AIarm with 2 fobs that open the front cab doors, 2 keys for the van, I have had cruise control, a very expensive hand made full stainless steel exhaust system, a twin 11kg gaslow system that uses LPG for heating and cooking fitted as well as an external BBQ point, external 240v socket and outside shower, it has a roof rack and ladder with a ginormous top box, bike rack for 3 bikes, tow bar and solid bumper bar, 4mtr Omnistor window awning, New alloy wheels and Michelin Agilis 16" 116 rated tyres all round, a Waeco Dometic twin rear view camera that shows down for reversing and straight back so can be used as an additional rear view mirror, satellite system, the engine has been chipped to make hills effortless, it has full gas blown air heating, sleeps up to 5/6 people, full cooker and hob, 240v/12v/gas fridge, a new leisure and starting battery, comes with original spare set of Euro headlights that change in 10 minutes to save putting stickers on! I also have two awnings for it, a porch one that is smaller and a full 4mtr wide German drive away awning we have only used once, we argued so much about the poles and how to put it up we ended up buying a blow up one :). It has done 62k miles, is a 2.8JTD Euro 3 engine, drives like a dream with immense power, it has a French official emissions sticker that allows it in Paris, Lyon and other main French cities, 12 Months MOT passed with NO advisories TODAY. In the last 2 years it has had new brake pads and discs all round including handbrake pads, we only do 2k miles a year or so to SoF and back which can be confirmed on the MOT’s. With the emissions tax of £2k on a new one and £500 a yr extra for the first 5yrs on road tax older ones are holding their money, when you see the rubbish about for silly money this is a good buy for someone and will hold its value, not sure of road tax but is £220 or so for the year but we only tax it for 6mths for £140 or something like that, can confirm if required. Probably more stuff but this is just a heads up before I place the advert.

Going on sales manager advice from the dealership I have just bought my new one it is for sale at £22,999, happy to show anyone around it, I am retired so anytime is fine, we are near Sevenoaks, Kent.

I have attached a few pics, more internal to follow (y)

Attachments

• IMG_6140.jpg
    IMG_6140.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_6567.jpg
    IMG_6567.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_6596.jpg
    IMG_6596.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_6601.jpg
    IMG_6601.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_6604.jpg
    IMG_6604.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_6607.jpg
    IMG_6607.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_6141 2.jpg
    IMG_6141 2.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
Swift Kontiki Technical Manual - <Broken link removed>

Swift Konitiki 645 Manual - <Broken link removed>

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-10 at 13.53.53.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-10 at 13.53.53.png
    552 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
What’s the vans payload ?
The payload in the documentation above is shown as 407kg, I need more than that with the grandchildren so I have bought a new one with more payload (y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The payload in the documentation above is shown as 407kg, I need more than that with the grandchildren so I have bought a new one with more payload (y)
Is that based on its current weight of 3500kg?

OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
The correct payload as I understand it is MTPLM minus MIRO, so technically if down plates would lose the down plated payload. This is the exact reason why I need more payload, if taking the grand kids, you can have it up plated again and add air assist to the rear that would give more payload if you wanted, it has a super strong Alko chassis with a huge void that keeps it insulated.

These are very well made tried and tested vans that are still sought after, but you need to be aware that just because you have a big van and or garage legally you can’t just fill it with stuff ?

OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
As for the Motorhome they have been around for years, I have had 9 glorious years with it, it all depends what you want to do with one, some people like space and comfort others want to trail loads of stuff about, if the latter then the van is not for you.

I have supplied the user manual and technical info, any other questions should be directed to Swift as I am not a technical expert, just someone who is upgrading to abide by the law ?

OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
I think your right, it seems whoever buys it will have to put it back to 3,850kg, it’s a paper exercise and as you know reduces your road tax BUT would require a C1 licence, when I find a buyer I will have to certainly discuss this, I have only learnt about the weights and payloads in the last 2 weeks, that is why I started the weight thread ? I actually think you could go up to 4,000kg on a paper exercise as it started at 3,850kg so even more payload if required.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hope you don’t get stopped and weighed before you sell your van

OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
I am in talks with SVTech who upgrade and downgrade vehicles, mine is a very easy exercise to upgrade and they will report back to me with the options, it will be a minimum of 3,850kg as was but the choice could be there to go higher if required. As there are benefits to having it at 3,500kg I will let the new owner decide what route they want to go, safety wise there is no issue as the chassis is being underused.

As I stated in my initial post it is a HEADS UP, the van will not be up for sale until later this week when I have all the options available, I have been open and honest and posted ALL information relating to the van and highlighted the DOWN GRADING, I have also started a thread on the issues of weights and people being unclear what is what, I WAS ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE two weeks ago, I have learned a hell of a lot since then and been sharing it on the forum, there are also some great responses on there which I am sure will help others and let them make an informed choice.

I will cover the cost of any of the upgrading exercise costs if that is the route a buyer wants to go. I understand that in the London emission zone Euro 3 engines are permitted, but once upgraded to a heavier class the vehicles require commercial MOT's AND an expensive array of carbon filters, so it is a balance that needs to be reached by any buyer, BUT the choice is there.

I will report back on the SVTech options when I receive them (y)

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
You really need to weigh each axle to find out what the payload will be. I appreciate what the load plate says but as you say.

When you add extra's they all need to be subtracted from the payload. :D

OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
RESPONSE FROM SVTECH - This will give the new owner the option to have the vehicle as it is at 3,500kg with its limitations OR to have it up plated to 4,000kg that will give a payload of 657kg, this means you require a C1 Driving licence BUT road tax reduces, I will pay for the upgrade if that is the route chosen (y)
-------------------------------

Re. Uprating Fiat Ducato from 3850 kg to 4000 kg GVW.
Thank you for your enquiry, I am pleased to confirm that we can uprate your vehicles and have
carried out full dynamic brake test results on a precedent vehicle to achieve a new GVW for
category M1 & N2.

For the uprating element, we supply a converter plate, which would be unique to your vehicle,
and a letter of sign-off to be used with the DVLA. Inspection of the vehicle will be at the
discretion of the DVLA though motorhomes and non-fare collecting vehicles are usually
exempt.

The axle weights of the vehicle post conversion will be:-
4000 – wt kg ; Axle 1 = 1850 kg ; Axle 2 = 2150 kg

Once uprated you will need to inform DVLA of the change on your logbook. This is a
paperwork exercise, though it will need to be dealt with by a local office not the main Swansea
DVLA office. This is due to the change in taxation class from PLG up to PHGV. You will need
to complete a form V70 when doing this change which we supply with the uprate.

When you are ready to proceed we will need one of our conversion forms completing and
returing listing which weight option you require.

The cost for either option for the supply of converters plate and sign-off only will be
£ 260.00 + VAT

OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
Some very nice photo's of the exhaust being made but, why no interior photo's?
I'm running around getting MOT's done, and chasing around getting all the weights and payload info in order, I just gave some taster photos I will do the rest this week, the inside is immaculate, no tears in any upholstery, worth waiting for. I am getting the advert ready but was only giving a heads up here as you all seem nice folk :)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I respectfully suggest that you should sort out the payload issue before advertising or selling as you may be driving illegally if you have more than 57kg of accessories fitted

OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
I respectfully suggest that you should sort out the payload issue before advertising or selling as you may be driving illegally if you have more than 57kg of accessories fitted
And it may have less on it! I will discuss that with the new owner as stated above, it was obviously down plated for a reason in the first place before I had it, so a new owner may like it that way as well (y)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
If you’ve had the vehicle for 9 years then I guess for all of that time you’ve been driving overweight.

OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
If you’ve had the vehicle for 9 years then I guess for all of that time you’ve been driving overweight.
I guess so for the plated weight like thousands of other people, BUT NOT for the van itself and its original plated weight, mine has 2 plates on which is confusing, at least now I have seen the light and I am putting things right, not only am I investing a lot in a new one I have shared my experiences openly on this forum, are you saying I should just keep quiet and not say anything? The last 2 weeks for me have been a real eye opener, no thanks to the industry that makes it so hard to find anything out, I had to dig around myself, anyway I think I have the hang of it now, its just scary there must be thousands of people driving around clueless and who cares?

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I guess so like thousands of other people, at least now I have seen the light and I am putting things right, not only am I investing a lot in a new one I have shared my experiences openly on this forum, are you saying I should just keep quiet and not say anything? The last 2 weeks for me have been a real eye opener, no thanks to the industry that makes it so hard to find anything out, I had to dig around myself, anyway I think I have the hang of it now, its just scary there must be thousands of people driving around clueless and who cares?

I just find it strange that you posted a rather lecturing thread about the dangers of being overweight yet you didn’t appear to understand earlier in this thread the calculation showing you only have 57 kg. That’s 57kg before your bike rack, awning, tow bar, etc.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I just find it strange that you posted a rather lecturing thread about the dangers of being overweight yet you didn’t appear to understand earlier in this thread the calculation showing you only have 57 kg. That’s 57kg before your bike rack, awning, tow bar, etc.
And that stainless steel exhaust
That looked very heavy to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back