• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

FOR SALE. MERCEDES LUXURY MOTORHOME (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
celandine

celandine

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Funster No
That's a very good point if you need anymore clarification I suggest you speak to the owner 01308 862006

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I don't need any clarification, I won't be buying it.

My point is the advert is misleading and could be claimed to be deliberately so.

Telling porkies about the licence requirements for a particular vehicle is one of the oldest dealer cons there is. I didn't think anyone was trying it any more.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I used to have one just like that years ago for my horses, took me bloody weeks to rub it down and re-varnish it. It was on a Bedford TK.
been there done that,i used to have a small business a car body shop and i resprayed the wife and daughters bedford TK, i ended up respraying 6 horse boxes in total,it was good business(y)

OP
OP
celandine

celandine

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Funster No
This is not dealers selling it is a normal family couple who have been grateful for the information provided by the Funsters they have responded appropriately to the helpful advice from Funsters. There has not been any intention by anyone to deliberately mislead people this had been a learning curve and we thank everyone for their support there was no malice intended.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
@celandine - I am very sorry that your for sale thread turned into a sniping match, it should not have done and you didn't deserve it.

The info on the driving licence was very relevant and pointed out in a correct and timely manner, but as for the knocking and bad comments about the motorhome layout and so on, I don't understand why that happened, I have never know that sort of reaction before, very disappointing.

If someone had knocked my van in a similar way when I put it up for sale on here, I would have been livid.

OP
OP
celandine

celandine

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Funster No
Thank you for your kind words all the constructive relevant information has been helpful and added to our knowledge hindsight is a great thing. As for the criticism regarding the layout and so on we know our friends van is luxurious and beautiful inside and of a very high standard and anyone who views it will see this for themselves.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
This is not dealers selling it is a normal family couple who have been grateful for the information provided by the Funsters they have responded appropriately to the helpful advice from Funsters. There has not been any intention by anyone to deliberately mislead people this had been a learning curve and we thank everyone for their support there was no malice intended.
I think the point being made about the licence/weight is that at 8600 there is a big payload, at 7500 there may be no payload at all if the tare of this lovely RV is already at 7500. (n)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I think the point being made about the licence/weight is that at 8600 there is a big payload, at 7500 there may be no payload at all if the tare of this lovely RV is already at 7500. (n)

It would be interesting to see the figures for this motorhome. The payload might well be small, but belive it or not, there are plenty of 30 to 34 ft RVs with slide-outs that come in enough under 7.5t to still have a workable payload, so I'm pretty sure it will have something to spare.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
It would be interesting to see the figures for this motorhome. The payload might well be small, but belive it or not, there are plenty of 30 to 34 ft RVs with slide-outs that come in enough under 7.5t to still have a workable payload, so I'm pretty sure it will have something to spare.
Yes I totally agree @Jim but I mentioned it to help with any possible sale to someone on a restricted licence that's all. :)

Reactions: Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back