Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sorry MG I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at.
He's said what he's going to do, ie take Tommy to a rescue centre (assuming there's no interest on here), so why rub salt in his wound by saying even more?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
He's said what he's going to do, ie take Tommy to a rescue centre (assuming there's no interest on here), so why rub salt in his wound by saying even more?
My apologies I obviously haven't read the entire thread and what you are saying is a post that I must have missed.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi everyone just to update you I’ve a couple coming to see tom next week thanks for your kindness I will keep you updated Andy​
(y)(y)(y)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi I am so upset about what I am going to do but if people see what my wife has gone through with the hospital they advised me to rehome Tom I have tried to keep him but can’t he loves going to the shows he is so good in the Motorhome or we’re ever he is. I am very surprised at the comments on here I have received as I thought when I join a club of sensible members some of the comments are out order but that’s life as for money it will be going to a dog charity of our choice as this way we know we’re he is he is great little boy is our Tom
Ignore the ignorent txxxxts you're doing what is right for the wife and the dog I thought for a moment I had logged in to the dark side as comments like those are dark side immigrants
Bill

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I did consider offering a home for the dog, as ever since my wife died over 13 months ago my family have been urging me to get a dog. However having sold my motorhome I don't think I qualify for Tom.

I hope he can be found a good home where he can enjoy travelling.

Dave

It's not essential that the dog travels I think. Dogs are simple souls, good food, lots of love and a warm bed are really all they need. They live in the moment so although he's used to a motorhome he won't look forward to a trip away, it just happens and he's happy. Sorry, not explaining this well, tired and have an extra dog for a day or two ! You will know that he'll travel well in a car and that's a big plus.
My dogs kept me together after my partner died and get me out walking every day. Perhaps chat to the OP @Doctor Dave ? I'd put money on that you wouldn't. regret getting a dog :)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Would have sounded better if the new owner would have been encouraged to make a donation to a dog charity rather than just giving money for the dog.
If they can't find £150 for the dog how are they going to afford the dog. All the charities charge. We paid a lot more for our dogs I think £150 is a reasonable amount to ask.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If they can't find £150 for the dog how are they going to afford the dog. All the charities charge. We paid a lot more for our dogs I think £150 is a reasonable amount to ask.
Lots of folk could no doubt afford £7 approx a week to feed a dog but perhaps don't have one due to initial outlay. Remember everyone has different budgets. Love and affection for a dog you cant put a price on.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Lots of folk could no doubt afford £7 approx a week to feed a dog but perhaps don't have one due to initial outlay. Remember everyone has different budgets. Love and affection for a dog you cant put a price on.
What about vet bills? Owning a dog is not always cheap as just the food.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Unkind, you can develop an allergy at any time, took paracetamol with no problems initially, now get facial oedema.

I too would, and did, give my dog to a good caring home rather than sell, as my future husband couldn't cope.
With hindsight I should have kept the dog :oops:

Editted to add I knew the family she went to well and knew she would be well looked after.
Yes I developed an allergy to a particular medication, it put me in ambulance......now I can take them again.....so allergies are not as clear cut as you would think.

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
If the dog cost 2 quid or 150 or free etc the new prospective owner should meet the dog for a few hours.
I am of the view that most of the time the dog chooses you as much as the other way round.

If i could walk a fair distance i would love another dog and would have Tommy in a heartbeat if he liked me .
I really hope he finds someone who can give him the home he can be as happy in as he is now.

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Thank you to everyone for their kind thoughts, but having considered this overnight I have decided to pass on this. Various reasons for this not least the fact that I am possibly moving house this year.

I note that someone is going to see the dog next week so I wish them all good luck.

Dave

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Having devoted years of my life to dog rescue (still involved to an extent) I can honestly say that the op's situation is very common. I have heard so many fairy tales and stories of why a dog needs a new home that nothing shocks me now. The fact that Tom's owner is trying hard to find him a new loving home rather than dump him in rescue, where many dogs get put to sleep each week as homes are hard to find, is testament to his love for the dog

I admit that I too initially read it originally that he was trying to sell his dog. Now having read more the story is clear

Wanted new home for Tom, a very affectionate Jack Russel, through no fault of his own. Tom is used to travelling in a motorhome and travels really well. Asking for a nominal £150 to ensure new owners can afford to keep Tom, which will be donated to a dog rescue.
Please apply to @27 TUG for more information

Good luck finding Tom a new loving home

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Mike now desperately trying to think up a way of advising Mrs OilyMan of her current fragile position at home. :gum:

I'd rather like to think that it's Mr Oilyman who is in the £^$%&*^ fragile position.

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Sadly I have to let Tommy go as my wife has become allergic to him he is 5 Tom is perfect ley clean in the house and MH loves travelling does not do chewing can be left on his own £150 Hampshire
Don't agree with charging to re-home a dog. Surely you want to make sure your dog goes to a loving home that will take him on.
Nothing about the dogs personality, nothing about meeting him, nothing about what requirements he would need.
You may as well have said offers and need gone!
Please put some thought into this post to give the dog the best chance!

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
I'd rather like to think that it's Mr Oilyman who is in the £^$%&*^ fragile position.

The thread was getting a bit heavy so I thought I would introduce some humor, after 48 years together I would be lost without her. :love:

Who would wash my clothes? :D

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Hi I am so upset about what I am going to do but if people see what my wife has gone through with the hospital they advised me to rehome Tom I have tried to keep him but can’t he loves going to the shows he is so good in the Motorhome or we’re ever he is. I am very surprised at the comments on here I have received as I thought when I join a club of sensible members some of the comments are out order but that’s life as for money it will be going to a dog charity of our choice as this way we know we’re he is he is great little boy is our Tom
It must be awful being in that position but, surely posting on a forum such as Funsters is not like advertising on any old media? What I'm trying to say is that surely the priority is finding Tommy a good home, hopefully with a funster, who you you would be able to trace and trust. So, the money? It seems odd to put a price on Tommy when it should be all about his future wellbeing. Just my opinion.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back