For sale Jack Russell (1 Viewer)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
5 years old and suddenly she’s allergic. I would suggest she’s takes antihistimes and you get an air purifying machine.

Unkind, you can develop an allergy at any time, took paracetamol with no problems initially, now get facial oedema.

I too would, and did, give my dog to a good caring home rather than sell, as my future husband couldn't cope.
With hindsight I should have kept the dog :oops:

Editted to add I knew the family she went to well and knew she would be well looked after.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
We gave a dog away, many years ago did not charge. We told the new owners they could bring him back if they had a problem. After months we assumed every thing was OK and took down the enclosure we had for our dogs. The day after we had removed the enclosure we had a call, and had to take the dog back. We were flying out in 3 days, we managed to get the RSPCA to take him, and he was re homed by them. Since we have become dog owners again we can't see a situation where we would need to re home a dog in the future. But if we did we would get professionals involved, we made the wrong decision about the people we sent our dog to. They had good intentions but did not understand the dog's needs. If we had charged they may have been put off and that would have been better for the dog.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Unkind, you can develop an allergy at any time, took paracetamol with no problems initially, now get facial oedema.

I too would, and did, give my dog to a good caring home rather than sell, as my future husband couldn't cope.
With hindsight I should have kept the dog :oops:

Editted to add I knew the family she went to well and knew she would be well looked after.
Not unkind....just thinking how upset the dog will be.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
5 years old and suddenly she’s allergic. I would suggest she’s takes antihistimes and you get an air purifying machine.
Unless you are a doctor, maybe you should refrain from giving unsolicited medical advice.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
I want to apologise to @27 TUG. I’m in a bitchy mood due to Brexit and should not hav3 posted as I did. I’m sorry. I hope my comments have not made a difficult decision harder.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
I want to apologise to @27 TUG. I’m in a bitchy mood due to Brexit and should not hav3 posted as I did. I’m sorry. I hope my comments have not made a difficult decision harder.
Now you are banned for mentioning Brexit, oops Doh! Me too:rofl:

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
I have a 14 year old Jack Russel and she is my world it must be so hard for you to have to make this decision, I was fine for the first 9 years but the last 5 years if I cuddle her or stroke her and do not wash my hands I go all blotchy and my eyes itch for hrs very strange how it didnt affect me for the 1st 9 years

Good luck in finding your pet a new home where he will be settled and loved like you have loved him

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Hope you can find a good home for him, he looks like a lovely little chap.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Couldn’t even contemplate having to let one or both of our Jacks go would break my heart.

Good luck with finding a good home for the pup and just ignore all the negative :swear2: Trying to find someone who has a Motorhome to take him is a good idea, hopefully someone will come along soon....

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have a 14 year old Jack Russel and she is my world it must be so hard for you to have to make this decision, I was fine for the first 9 years but the last 5 years if I cuddle her or stroke her and do not wash my hands I go all blotchy and my eyes itch for hrs very strange how it didnt affect me for the 1st 9 years

Good luck in finding your pet a new home where he will be settled and loved like you have loved him
I agree with you ... I loved our Midgey-Squidge to bits but found at times that his 'rough' hair would cause me a rash/itch and also sniffles/sneezing ... I was fine for many years but eventually it became an 'issue', however he wasn't one for a lot of cuddles so I could cope with it, but can easily understand how this could become an issue for others if it is worse than that. Unfortunately we lost Midge at 9 otherwise he'd still be with us today I'm sure.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm really, really, surprised and extremely dismayed by the continuation of the 'unfriendly' and unhelpful comments on this thread.

Do you honestly think that someone who loves his dog would just 'dump' him on anyone? That's the type of 'theme' that's coming through from some posters. Instead he's trying to get him a good home with someone with a motorhome, not because he just wants 'shot' of the dog regardless, but in order to try to keep the little chap happy as he loves it so much!

Those posting unhelpful comments should be ashamed.

OP
OP
Apr 12, 2018
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Hi I am so upset about what I am going to do but if people see what my wife has gone through with the hospital they advised me to rehome Tom I have tried to keep him but can’t he loves going to the shows he is so good in the Motorhome or we’re ever he is. I am very surprised at the comments on here I have received as I thought when I join a club of sensible members some of the comments are out order but that’s life as for money it will be going to a dog charity of our choice as this way we know we’re he is he is great little boy is our Tom

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Please try not to be upset at negative comments, it’s bad enough being upset over what you have to do.
With any online forum, it’s so easy for people to post in haste and I think many have regretted it after. It’s one of the hazards of social media and you know it wouldn’t happen if you were at a Fun meet and talking face to face with the same people. It’s hard, I know but set your mind to ignoring it.

I do hope that you find a good home for Tom, he looks gorgeous and sounds like a lovely boy.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Please try not to be upset at negative comments, it’s bad enough being upset over what you have to do.
With any online forum, it’s so easy for people to post in haste and I think many have regretted it after. It’s one of the hazards of social media and you know it wouldn’t happen if you were at a Fun meet and talking face to face with the same people. It’s hard, I know but set your mind to ignoring it.

I do hope that you find a good home for Tom, he looks gorgeous and sounds like a lovely boy.
Would have sounded better if the new owner would have been encouraged to make a donation to a dog charity rather than just giving money for the dog.

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Hi I am so upset about what I am going to do but if people see what my wife has gone through with the hospital they advised me to rehome Tom I have tried to keep him but can’t he loves going to the shows he is so good in the Motorhome or we’re ever he is. I am very surprised at the comments on here I have received as I thought when I join a club of sensible members some of the comments are out order but that’s life as for money it will be going to a dog charity of our choice as this way we know we’re he is he is great little boy is our Tom
Just pushing this up again so you're situation is not forgotten.
I'm so sorry for you and the unhelpful and unkind postings you're getting.
I don't know why some people on here make judgments about things they have no way of knowing.
Luckily we're not all like that and so I hope that the kind comments outweigh the others.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
@27 TUG-I think it’s the wording of your first post that’s done the damage!
Very cold & impersonal it gives the impression that you don’t care & just want rid!

Would have sounded better if the new owner would have been encouraged to make a donation to a dog charity rather than just giving money for the dog.

... and these comments helps how? All they are likely doing is making the owner feel even more upset than before ... shame on both of you!

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
I did consider offering a home for the dog, as ever since my wife died over 13 months ago my family have been urging me to get a dog. However having sold my motorhome I don't think I qualify for Tom.

I hope he can be found a good home where he can enjoy travelling.

Dave

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I did consider offering a home for the dog, as ever since my wife died over 13 months ago my family have been urging me to get a dog. However having sold my motorhome I don't think I qualify for Tom.

Dave
Don't let the lack of MH put you off, I'm sure you'd give him a loving home and take him out for plenty of walkies, trips in the car etc ... you never know, he might encourage you to get another MH ... just think of the fun you'd both have on your travels!

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
... and these comments helps how? All they are likely doing is making the owner feel even more upset than before ... shame on both of you!
Well said!

Dave
But I'm sure you'd give him a good loving home and plenty of other interesting things to do. Sounds ideal to me - go for it!!

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
MG my original comments were based on a batch of "For Sale" threads by the original poster. He appeared to be selling a number of motorhome items which sounded like his dog was just one of. I stand by my comment that suggesting a donation by the new home would have made it clear that he was looking for a good home rather than money for Tom.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
MG my original comments were based on a batch of "For Sale" threads by the original poster. He appeared to be selling a number of motorhome items which sounded like his dog was just one of. I stand by my comment that suggesting a donation by the new home would have made it clear that he was looking for a good home rather than money for Tom.
... but why say it at all after the OP's last post????? :confused:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Sometimes it's best to stop digging a hole.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
I have a wife of 65 years, free to a good home.:D
She doesn't read my posts.(y)

Mike now desperately trying to think up a way of advising Mrs OilyMan of her current fragile position at home. :gum:

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
I would ask for the thread to be closed and start a new one now this one is overrun with comments flying back and forth (which are not helping in the dog rehoming at all)

(I know I also made a ‘funny’ comment previously)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@27 TUG I really feel for you it must be such a difficult decision you have come to, he looks a lovely happy little dog that is well loved. @Doctor Dave I'm sure it would be worth a pm to TUG for a chat he looks such a happy little thing and would probably happy with walks and love .

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back